Discuss all hardware and software modifications
marurun

Custom arcade controls

by marurun Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Anybody here do custom arcade controls or anything?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Custom arcade controls

by racketboy Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:45 pm

marurun wrote:Anybody here do custom arcade controls or anything?

Jemsic does
http://www.racketboy.com/gamerooms/2006 ... stick.html
marurun

by marurun Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:28 pm

His work looks quite... expensive... I know a guy back when I was on BT's Turbo list who would take old cheap plastic suitcases and wire arcade controller parts to an existing game pad. It was ghetto but it kicked ass. Most people want 100+ for arcade-style stuff.

Alas, I shall never be able to be any good at Street Fighter 3, 3rd Strike. Either for good controls or my own feeble skills.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 pm

marurun wrote:Alas, I shall never be able to be any good at Street Fighter 3, 3rd Strike. Either for good controls or my own feeble skills.

tell me about it, I love playing 2D and 3D fighters, and consider myself OK at them, but recently I had a 'rematch' with my arch foe/friend at SFII in the old days on the SNES (we're talking 15 years ago here), and even with my fancy Hori Real Arcade Pro, and DC Arcade stick, he still absolutely beat the crap out of me in SFII Mathing Service, all SF Alpha's and IIIrd Strike (which hed never played before). Tekken he killed me in too, TTT, T3 (arcade from Tekken 5 disc) and Tekken 5, Soul Calibur was more of a draw, but still, it was depressing lol

still I had fun anyway :p
marurun

by marurun Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:08 pm

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I play even though I always get trounced. I just don't have the quick fingers and the presence of mind to plan ahead. Or something. Who knows where I'm really screwing up :)
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Jubal
64-bit

by Jubal Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:14 am

I am the same way with shumps, I suck at them hardcore but I still love em =)
Return to Hacks and Mods