Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Joypad
8-bit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:23 pm

ps3 emotion engine mod. is it possible??

by Joypad Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:46 am

i was peeved when i heard they took out the emotion engine from the ps3.

but it got me thinking,, would it be posible to put one back in there??

rip one out of a ps2 and put it in the ps3.
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

by Mozgus Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:01 am

Actually yes, you can. It's really easy. Child's play, in fact.
Ivo
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Portugal

by Ivo Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:44 am

Mozgus wrote:Actually yes, you can. It's really easy. Child's play, in fact.


Sorry to ask, but considering past posts I'm 50% split if you're joking or not.
User avatar
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Orange County

by Pullmyfinger Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 pm

he is more being sarcastic than joking
User avatar
metaleggman
128-bit
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

by metaleggman Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:50 pm

If you care about it, go buy a PS3 now. Honestly, the emulated version could be the same or better, so it doesn't really matter all that much. I doubt Sony would even dare to put out super shitty PS2 emulation considering the other stupid things they've done. They can't really afford to make this mistake. Plus, Sony said they were going to get rid of it when they were talking about it getting put into the PS3s in the first place. So it was inevitable. This most likely means that the Slim PS2s aren't going to be mannufactured anymore either, so get one of those if you think you want one!
Image
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

by Mozgus Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:34 pm

metaleggman wrote:If you care about it, go buy a PS3 now. Honestly, the emulated version could be the same or better, so it doesn't really matter all that much. I doubt Sony would even dare to put out super shitty PS2 emulation considering the other stupid things they've done. They can't really afford to make this mistake.

Thats a lot of faith you're putting into Sony. I personally think they won't even be able to match 360's feeble backwards compatibility once they remove the chip. PS2 is very tough to emulate.
User avatar
metaleggman
128-bit
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

by metaleggman Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:31 pm

Mozgus wrote:
metaleggman wrote:If you care about it, go buy a PS3 now. Honestly, the emulated version could be the same or better, so it doesn't really matter all that much. I doubt Sony would even dare to put out super shitty PS2 emulation considering the other stupid things they've done. They can't really afford to make this mistake.

Thats a lot of faith you're putting into Sony. I personally think they won't even be able to match 360's feeble backwards compatibility once they remove the chip. PS2 is very tough to emulate.
Well, I guess I'm more saying they are capable of doing it and that they should do it. I honestly could see them doing it, but I could see them not doing it as well. Then again it doesn't matter either way for me, since if I do get a PS3, it'll be a LONG time from now. :D
Image
Joypad
8-bit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:23 pm

very well

by Joypad Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm

well, i was kinda for real.
but after looking at the guts of an old ps2. nah.
it's imposible.
Joypad
8-bit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:23 pm

by Joypad Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Oh.
And the emulation sux the floppy donkey one.
ff7,DOC, dont work. even with 1.60. and ps1 games (if they work) look like they came from the colico vision.

i so sad. *sobs*
User avatar
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Orange County

by Pullmyfinger Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:08 pm

meh, it matters now, but come on, i have never used my ps2 for a ps1 game ever and I doubt any of you uses it much, right now the ps3 is new and doesn't have many games, but it'll eventually have some and you'll probably forget about the whole thing
Return to Hacks and Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest