PS2 Mod?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Alcoholocaust

PS2 Mod?

Post by Alcoholocaust »

looking to mod my ps2 have been looking online for a guide cant really find one maybe one of you guys has done this and can help me looking to do a case mod and put a HDD(hard drive) in there with HDloader......you guys that have done this tell if its really worth it
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Mod?

Post by dedalusdedalus »

You don't need a case mod to put a hard drive into a fat PS2. Look on the back, there's an "expansion bay cover" that comes right off. That's where the hard drive goes.

You'll also need the PS2 network adapter and a modded memory card with free MC boot if you want to put in a hard drive with HD loader.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

maybe he has a slim version ps2 and doesnt realize that he cant put a harddrive in it in which case he should learn that he needs an older version phat ps2 that you can put a harddrive and network adapter in also i think run on sentences with sloppy or non existent grammer is a pain in the ass to read please learn how to type properly
MasonB15
24-bit

Post by MasonB15 »

If you tell us which version of the PS2 that you have, we might be able to help you out with a guide.
DNT 2.5
64-bit

Post by DNT 2.5 »

The Slim ps2 Hard drive mod is hard to do, and not really worth it, You may as well go buy a phat ps2, they have built in Hard drives.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

DNT 2.5 wrote:You may as well go buy a phat ps2, they have built in Hard drives.
No. They don't. They are not built in. They are bought separately.
eSPy
64-bit

Post by eSPy »

list of compatible hard drives http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list
and installation instructions http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=ps2_installation
and how to install on a slim ps2 http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=guide_pstwo

google for the win
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
DNT 2.5
64-bit

Post by DNT 2.5 »

Breetai wrote:
DNT 2.5 wrote:You may as well go buy a phat ps2, they have built in Hard drives.

Mine was built in, out of box it came with a hard drive.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

DNT 2.5 wrote:
Breetai wrote:

Mine was built in, out of box it came with a hard drive.

To my knowledge no retail unit ever came with a bundled HDD. You had to buy it seperately with the FFXI + network adaptor + 40GB HDD bundle.

In fact I don't even think there was ever a phat PS2 bundled with a network adaptor.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
lwcook
128-bit

Post by lwcook »

Niode wrote:]

To my knowledge no retail unit ever came with a bundled HDD. You had to buy it seperately with the FFXI + network adaptor + 40GB HDD bundle.

In fact I don't even think there was ever a phat PS2 bundled with a network adaptor.

There was a PS2 phat sold with the network adaptor. I believe it's the Scph-5001 models that were...I only know this because the one I bought new has one. They were the last PS2s to be sold before the slim came out.