Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
bacteria
Next-Gen

Re: Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Post by bacteria »

This is nothing to do with the thread topic JPGR94. Also digging up such an old thread??
I am the Bacman
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Digging up old threads is fine, but I'm guessing he accidentally posted in the wrong thread.
JPGR94

Post by JPGR94 »

Isn't this the thread for the mods for Sega nomad powerback and the screen? I'm just trying to find a cheaper way to do the powerback mod.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying now.

You don't need to rob the power jack from a console like the OP did (in fact, this is bad form since these parts are readily available and dirt cheap). Just buy a matching power jack and plug. The only important part is using a power adapter with the correct specs for your battery.

5.5 x 2.1 mm is very common...

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... ageSize=25
JPGR94

Post by JPGR94 »

Ok so will that power Jack already come with the wires to connect it to the battery? Will I just be able to use ones already in the powerback if it doesn't? Will my friend have to put in new wires? And I guess I will still need that power adapter for the Sony camera battery after all (not super expensive so it's fine). On this site, I assume it also has the corresponding plug. I do also have an extra model 2 Genesis power cord I got with my nomad. Should I just borrow that plug's adapter or would it actually work with the battery on its own? I only know so much about the hardware side of things as I'm more of a software guy so my apologies if I ask a stupid question here, though I do also have to make sure my buddy knows every step that will need to be done here. You can never have too much info for stuff like this as far as I'm concerned.
JPGR94

Post by JPGR94 »

Actually I got mine as new old stock, when I plug it in, the light turns on showing that power is going through. The main problem is the battery itself, so would my buddy just take the wires going into the charging circuit and put them into the respective part of the battery or something like that and all I would really need is to get the new battery and its charger to give the plug of my extra Genesis model 2 power cable
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The model 2 Genesis (as well as the model 3, and a bunch of other stuff) uses an EIAJ type plug, EIAJ-3 if I remember correctly.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... ageSize=25

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the Nomad and accessories so I really can't give you specific advice.
JPGR94

Post by JPGR94 »

That's ok. Hell, even just the fact you saved me several dollars on the power adapter helps a lot.