Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Post by jfe2 »

I just got a Nomad from the flea market and the screen is pretty dull... You still offering the LCD mod? I may be interested in the battery pack mod as well if you are offering that.
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

jfe2 wrote:I just got a Nomad from the flea market and the screen is pretty dull... You still offering the LCD mod? I may be interested in the battery pack mod as well if you are offering that.

Yes I am, just PM me.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
dnbiola

Post by dnbiola »

This is ridiculously cool. Hailrazer, if you are still doing this later in the year I might take you up on your offer. I'd love to have a nicer screen and a rechargeable battery for my Nomad.
"Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you." - Augustine
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

Yes sir that one is the same. :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
xxstatic
16-bit

Post by xxstatic »

(slaps myself in the head) ......Can't believe I threw away my Nomad rechargeable battery pack.... :(
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Wow that is pretty cool. How is that LCD for ghosting and blurring when playing sonic?
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

fuctfuct wrote:Wow that is pretty cool. How is that LCD for ghosting and blurring when playing sonic?

No ghosting, no blurring :)
My Portable Systems:
Hateshinai
128-bit

Post by Hateshinai »

I think I'll try to change the screen. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the world from you so posting my Nomad to you (and back) would be impractically expensive. So I'll have to try it myself. Which part of the mod would you say is the most difficult?
I'll probably also do a 50/60 Hz mod once it's open: seems even easier that the Megadrive/Genesis one.
Mostly harmless
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

Well nothing is extremely difficult. It's more a matter of take your time and double check everything. Probably the hardest part is getting the screen centered. It's hard to get it centered and glue it because a lot of times you'll find it is off centered a bit. What I do is use just a tiny bit of glue on two corners to hold it , then I turn it on and see if it is centered. If not I remove the glue and re-position. 99% alcohol or de-natured alcohol takes the glue right off. But use very little alcohol because you don't want it getting in the Lcd and making spots. I put it on my finger and then touch the glue and it peels off.

Hope it goes good for you :)
My Portable Systems: