Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Ack

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by Ack »

I actually prefer the official look of it, it makes it feel like it's more of a true SNES release. Part of the reason I'm interested in reproductions is because it makes me feel like I am able to play the SNES releases I wish we'd gotten, hence why I prefer it to keep a similar design to others.

By the way, I haven't gone through the thread in a little while, have folks been asking for NTSC-U Terranigma carts?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yes, quite a few actually. Tis another game that would be made exactly the same way as Live A Live or Mana 2.

So since you want an official looking label, what do you think of that one? I'm not too satisfied with it myself, but it is up to you. Have any ideas of what you want? The internet wasn't too generous with quality Live A Live images, and the SFC box doesn't have that much artwork to work with. Too bad I don't have the manual, I'm sure there'd be something useful I could have used.

edit: Damn, just found this PAL cart...

That looks good, but I don't know where he got the "rectangle guys" without the overlapping text from.

I thought to do the splash screen like this...

Or just the logo over black like this...

Of course, these are just quick 2 second examples... if I did it I would have the logo look crisp and not grainy, a little larger, and maybe even add a shine to it.
Last edited by Ziggy on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Truthfully, while I think it's a good idea, I agree that it just doesn't seem up to snuff. Have you looked over other people's repros of it, or the original SF cart? I quite like this image, for instance:

Ack

Post by Ack »

Haha, well it seems you just posted that PAL cart as well. Is there any way you can pull that image? I rather like it.

Also, I think this is the actual cart:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ack

Post by Ack »

Awesome! I can't believe I forgot about this website...

That second image is pretty cool, though I prefer the official art. Thanks so much for spending all this time looking for it. I really appreciate it.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Not a problem. How is this looking?

Ack

Post by Ack »

Looks great to me!
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

... Live A Live looks awesome! I've never even heard of it before now. I'm assuming there's an English translation patch since you are making a repro cart for Ack.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, in fact by now I think there are a couple. I first heard about this game years ago, when the Cult of Kefka ROM website was still active. I've been upset we didn't get it in the states ever since.