bon travail!
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Ziggy

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by Ziggy »

Congratulations on getting that working, Kogami. Looks like you went with a voltage regulator rather then the voltage divider I used.

edit: DO NOT USE THIS METHOD. Using only a voltage regulator or divider for 3v memory on a 5v supply can damage the cart and/or the console! To safely use 3v memory with a 5v supply you need to use a regulator as well as a logic level shifter!
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

kogami wrote:I am French thus I applied the French patch on the rom

And made it PAL I presume? If memory serves right, it only came to Japan and America until the Virtual Console.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
kogami
8-bit

Post by kogami »

Ziggy587 wrote:Congratulations on getting that working, Kogami. Looks like you went with a voltage regulator rather then the voltage divider I used.

Yes, It is completely that.
Very discreet and easy to put

And indeed, games went out only to Japan and US
hias

Post by hias »

Congrats kogami, how did you program the chips? I let them program by buyICnow, but it seems the chips are still empty - couldnt find someone yet who could program them for me successfully :( But there is still hope! :)
kogami
8-bit

Post by kogami »

It is one friends to me who me programmed them

With that
Xeltek SuperPro 501S

$900
zitoun

Post by zitoun »

hias wrote:Congrats kogami, how did you program the chips? I let them program by buyICnow, but it seems the chips are still empty - couldnt find someone yet who could program them for me successfully :( But there is still hope! :)

I'm the guy who burned the flash , I bought some progammed flash/eprom at buyicnow and I never had a problem with his stuff :s
fireaza

Post by fireaza »

Hey there guys,
I know our comrade Zig isn't making SNES reproductions any more, but I'd be interested in owning a Seiken Densetsu 3 repo. I'm able to find plenty of Super Famicom versions of the game, I assume that it's not incredibly complex to remove the ROM from the cart and replace it with a new ROM that's the English-patched version of the game? What would be the best way to go about this? Getting a hold of the SFC version of the game isn't a problem, but I don't own any EPROM erasers or anything like that. I do own a soldering iron and a de-soldering pump, so I'm covered for the soldering part.
Tildius Maximus
16-bit

Post by Tildius Maximus »

You can use an actual SFC version, but there are other less blasphemous donors that you could use. you wouldn't be able to reflash the original chip because those are ROM (read only memory) and are different from the EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory).
I'm not exactly sure what chip you would need for that, i got most of my boards from the guy at gamereproductions.com and they came in the form of TSOP with an adaptor to just solder them into donor. I think certain games require certain EPROMs which you may want to look into, but I also know that there are crappier games that you can use as donors. there is a list floating around somewhere that has every game's specs which will help to find a cheap donor (most games will work with something like Madden 95 or NBA hangtime, which are games that won't be missed by most people ><).
fireaza

Post by fireaza »

Tildius Maximus wrote:You can use an actual SFC version, but there are other less blasphemous donors that you could use. you wouldn't be able to reflash the original chip because those are ROM (read only memory) and are different from the EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory).
I'm not exactly sure what chip you would need for that, i got most of my boards from the guy at gamereproductions.com and they came in the form of TSOP with an adaptor to just solder them into donor. I think certain games require certain EPROMs which you may want to look into, but I also know that there are crappier games that you can use as donors. there is a list floating around somewhere that has every game's specs which will help to find a cheap donor (most games will work with something like Madden 95 or NBA hangtime, which are games that won't be missed by most people ><).

Ah, OK. But I'd still like to use an original Seiken Densetsu 3 cart anyway, that way I'll have the original label instead of a reproduction :D So where would you suggest I go from here?