Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Ziggy

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by Ziggy »

You're talking about the Star Fox label in particular, right? That label was the first one I did with this method, so I didn't spend a lot of time on it. What's more, there's the Stunt Race label still under it! I didn't bother to take it off because I plan on taking that Star Fox label off for a better one (since I have gotten better at making them). Also, it's a huge pain in the ass to clean the original SNES labels off, and I already did two before it so I got lazy.

On the Star Fox 2 cart, toward the left side, so can see those lines. Is this what you mean by the unevenness of the wood? They're actually light scratches in the tape, the same you'd get if you ran your fingernail across it. You can only see them when the light hits it right (which is why my camera's flash got them on that side).
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Looks pretty tight to me. Very nice.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just to keep you guys in the loop...

I'm low on funds right now, it was one of those weeks were every thing is due at once. Don't you hate those? Had to renew my license, get my check engine light taken care of because my inspection was up, car insurance due, plus the usually monthly bills.

Long story short, I'll be square in about a week. Then I plan to make 5 or 6 copies of Star Fox 2 at once. There's dibs on 3 maybe 4 copies already, so there'll be 2 or 3 copies (if I can get my hands on that many Stunt Race carts) up for grabs.
HoboJoe
64-bit

Post by HoboJoe »

How much are they going to cost again?
Somebody sell me a model 1 modchip for Saturn. Please.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

$65 for Star Fox 2

Since GameReproductions.com sells it for $100, it's been up here on the forums for $250, one just sold on the UK eBay for about $150, this site gets $125, and this site gets $250 (or $225 if you buy two games) for it, I think my price is more than fair consider the work required.
Last edited by Ziggy on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Ziggy587 wrote:$65 for Star Fox 2

Bet. Put me down for one.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I just got done playing threw Star Ocean. I heard rumors, but damn, that game really is awesome. Anyways, I'm probably gonna order everything I need to make some Star Fox 2 copies this Thursday.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ziggy587 wrote:I just got done playing threw Star Ocean. I heard rumors, but damn, that game really is awesome. Anyways, I'm probably gonna order everything I need to make some Star Fox 2 copies this Thursday.

I take it you played your repro copy? If so that's very encouraging.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
crux
128-bit

Re: Zig's SNES Repro

Post by crux »

Awesome work. I'd definitely take a copy each of Star Fox 2 and Star Ocean, and if you were up to it Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma as well. If possible though for collection's sake, with the obvious exception of Star Fox 2, I think I'd prefer to get the data onto the original carts (Super Famicom for Densetsu and Star Ocean and PAL for Terranigma). I'd supply the games, of course.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

^ PM'ed.

MrPopo wrote:I take it you played your repro copy? If so that's very encouraging.

Yup, I was playing one of the copies from the pictures. Such an awesome game, I have a compulsion to want to play through it again, but I think I might play Second Story now. The second copy from my pictures is going to be offered for sale to people in the ordered I was PM'ed in.