Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
blackmagepwns
32-bit

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by blackmagepwns »

You guys should find a way to convert every copy of Shaq-fu into something great.
brycester
24-bit

Post by brycester »

So how long do you think until you will be ready to start selling them ??? I definantly need some star ocean!
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

blackmagepwns wrote:You guys should find a way to convert every copy of Shaq-fu into something great.

You mean, TWO SHAQ-FUS?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

brycester wrote:So how long do you think until you will be ready to start selling them ??? I definantly need some star ocean!

I'm looking to bust out Star Ocean carts one after the other. ModMan has first dibs, as he was the first person to contact me about it, and HellHammer after him. I have two more SO carts on hand ready to be made, after that I have to order more supplies. I want to try and get some SO carts cheaper than the going rate on eBay so I contacted hashiriya about it, he was nice enough to look into it for me (thanks!) so I'll wait until I hear back from him.

After that, the only thing that's really holding me back are the labels. Like I said, I emailed GameReproductions.com but I still haven't received a reply. I might be able to make them myself but I haven't tested it yet, I don't want to make sub par labels. Of course, you can have the game in the original Super Famicom cart and cut this problem out. And that being said, if you really can't wait, you can get a Star Ocean cart on your own accord and send it to me.

Also, I haven't really decided on a price yet.

blackmagepwns wrote:You guys should find a way to convert every copy of Shaq-fu into something great.

lol
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

I dunno, Shaq Fu has less slowdown and stuttering than the real thing.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm looking to bust out Star Ocean carts one after the other. ModMan has first dibs, as he was the first person to contact me about it

Woot! :mrgreen:

Now to rectify my broke with no money situation.... :roll:
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Some pictures...

Here's a label I made using a cheap method I found on the internet (it hasn't been glued to the cart yet). It's printed on plain computer paper with clear duct tape over it. The tape was rolled to be thinned out and to help push the air pockets out. It worked alright, but I think I'd like to find something better. Or I might try this method again using different paper and using some copper pipe to roll instead of the wooden dowel I used.

The first cart made being tested out on my SNES. You can see the DeJap logo on the title screen.

Another picture in game, with some English dialog going on.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Nice to see it up and running on the actual hardware.

I'm assuming you never heard back from gamereproductions.com? I'd try again or with another possible supplier of labels, as certain adhesives (duct tape mixed with the sticker adhesive etc...) can be corrosive towards each other, the paper labels and the plastic itself.

Also not to nitpick, but I happened to notice that you forgot to put a fake product code under the Nintendo seal on your label as well.
My Consoles:

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Were you ever able to resolve the issue with those couple of graphics (yes no dialog) that were originally translated separate from the rom?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Nice to see it up and running on the actual hardware.

I'm assuming you never heard back from gamereproductions.com? I'd try again or with another possible supplier of labels, as certain adhesives (duct tape mixed with the sticker adhesive etc...) can be corrosive towards each other, the paper labels and the plastic itself.

Also not to nitpick, but I happened to notice that you forgot to put a fake product code under the Nintendo seal on your label as well.

Yeah, gamerepro never got back to me. Do you know of any other websites that you can order labels from? Also, I didn't forget the product code, I just haven't added it yet. That label is just a prototype.

MrPopo wrote:Were you ever able to resolve the issue with those couple of graphics (yes no dialog) that were originally translated separate from the rom?

No, but I think it's suppose to be like that. There's only the one patch for it, I don't think there's any others.