Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Hey there Ziggy!

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but can you do a Recca repro?
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

I might be tl;dring this a little too much, but I couldn't find whether you were open for requests or if this is more of a "you can buy something if it's available" thing. If it's requests, how much would a Star Fox 2 cart be?
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sorry, I'm not taking requests right now. Maybe after the new year.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

OK, I was just wondering in general. I'm a little low on cash ATM anyways.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
mienshao

Post by mienshao »

have you started taking orders if yes link please and if not i can't wait! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :idea:
getafixx
8-bit

Post by getafixx »

Has anyone noticed any graphic glitches on Tales of Phantasia? When i am in a town and i enter the menu and then exit it, the whole screen is messed up. Like, the graphics are all blocky like bad bits of data, and the color palette changes. But when i change the screen (ie enter a house) it resets to normal...unless i enter the menu again :shock:

At first i thought it was my repro being faulty...but then i ran the rom on my PowerPak (4 different versions, including the unpatched JAP rom) and the same thing happens. So it cant be my repro...

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Just tested it on my RetroDUO, and it works flawlessly on there. Im confused...... can my snes be FUBAR? The game runs fine except for that though...
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

mienshao wrote:have you started taking orders if yes link please and if not i can't wait!

I have not started taking orders. I probably wont be any time soon.

getafixx wrote:EDIT: Just tested it on my RetroDUO, and it works flawlessly on there. Im confused...... can my snes be FUBAR? The game runs fine except for that though...

Do any other games exhibit the same behavior with your SNES? I would try cleaning the SNES's cart slot, that's what it sounds like to me.
getafixx
8-bit

Post by getafixx »

No I haven't seen something like this before... But ya maybe the pins could be dirty. I'll give that a try and see what happens. Just find it odd that it only happens with ToP. And only if I enter the menu while in a town or house, but if I enter the menu in the field it works fine...
getafixx
8-bit

Post by getafixx »

Well i cleaned the connectors on the system and the carts, and still the same result. Im going to try it on my friends SNES and see what happens. Ive been reading in different forums that SNES glitches on the older systems (SNS-001) are getting more common as the systems age....something about the PPU chips mis-reading the graphics in certain tiles and backgrounds.

Looks like i may need to replace it after all...which sucks, because its the same one i got brand new back in '93. :cry:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah man, I hear ya. I had to temporarily ditch my original SNES from 92 or whenever. I think it has bad video memory or something PPU related. In short, I get graphical garbage on the screen 90% of the time. I say temporarily because I'm hoping I can fix it. I've acquired a spare SNES that can be used for spare parts because it is otherwise useless, I figure I can swap the RAM chips. Maybe. Breaks my heart though.