Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by jfe2 »

Hobie-wan wrote:You should make some with different amusing text that only resembles the original.

That really is a great idea! :lol: DO IT!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ziggy587 wrote:I really wouldn't have a problem putting Earthbound on a Mother 2 cart, but there's no way to stop the buyer of opening it up and sticking it in an American SNES case, putting a label on it and selling it on eBay for it's normal going price. Maybe I'd do it if I would super glue the cart together, and rig it to explode if opened.

Good for you! A shame there is not a definite way to prevent someone from profiting.
All you're trying to do is keeping a Retro game alive.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Aye, which might become easier for me to do. I've been working with Jeffro on making SNES repros from absolute scratch, which there will be many benefits to.

Hobie-wan wrote:You should make some with different amusing text that only resembles the original.

Lol
einzelherz
8-bit

Post by einzelherz »

jeffro11 wrote:
jfe2 wrote:Zig, can't remember if I ever asked if you learned how to do NES repros... apologies if I already have. I'm basically looking for Mr. Gimmick on the NES, which used a special chip IIRC. Anyone who knows anything about repros is more than welcome to answer. :)

It does indeed use a special chip. I think a reproduction of this is out of the question.

http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=2695

A special version of this mapper, labeled as "SUNSOFT 5" rather than "FME-7", contains sound generation hardware which appears to be a subset of the well-known General Instrument AY-3-8910 (3 square waves). This sound generation hardware was used on only one Famicom title – Gimmick!

You could also just do what I did for FF3. I'm not sure how rare the FC version is though.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Aye, I did the same for FF3 for myself. But Gimmick IS indeed a rare game, so getting the Famicom version is out of the question.
doug104231

Post by doug104231 »

Hey Ziggy i heard from bacteria over on MBB that you make repros just wanted a quote for a starfox 2 cart and star ocean you could even just sell me the eprom chips with the games burnt on them eaither way im looking for to them thanks
gwyndion

Post by gwyndion »

Thought I would post to show my appreciation for real hobbiests who keep the hobby alive. It takes a lot of passion and commitment to keep doing this so good work guys!
Markell1991
16-bit

Post by Markell1991 »

Hi, I've been reading this thread for a couple of weeks now and am quite interested. I am interested in getting a Final Fantasy V cart for my PAL SNES. Also I want to know if you (Zig) have ever done a Tales of Phantasia repro?
getafixx
8-bit

Post by getafixx »

Hey, i love this thread! I just had a quick question...

I have a TOP2004 eprom programmer which ive used for programming my 27C080 chips, but i was wondering if its compatible with a TSOP40-DIP40 adapter? i want to use 29F032 chips, but i dont know if my programmer is compatible. Is there one that you guys would recommend or one that you personally use?

Thanks!
Arseen

Post by Arseen »

Here are two great hacks of Yoshi's Island, as good as the original game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8g3fy4c483vhghu
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lmxdxkex8rbh9h

Do you think these could be made in to real carts?

I'm not sure are these complete roms or do they have to be patched first.