LOOK HERE FOR A REALLY EASY MOD TO MAKE

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I'd just like to confirm. Does an xbox's cable have an internal color coding of white, black, green, red? I have a usb cable with an end chopped off for a reason I cannot remember. I may go pick up an old xbox pad and try this out.

And do all the buttons and sticks work just like they should?
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

yes. they all use the same color layout as the usb cords, except the yellow cable on the xbox isnt used. it supplies power to the xbox rumble feature. the buttons and sticks work fine. if they dont, u can easily remap them. there are many variations of controller drivers too.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

risk wrote:yes. they all use the same color layout as the usb cords, except the yellow cable on the xbox isnt used. it supplies power to the xbox rumble feature. the buttons and sticks work fine. if they dont, u can easily remap them. there are many variations of controller drivers too.

Hell, I can't find official xbox controllers anyway. The things are like 4 leaf clovers anymore. This is retarded.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

try ebay or the xbox-scene forums. prolly get cheaper deals at X-S forums, im sure.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

risk wrote:try ebay or the xbox-scene forums. prolly get cheaper deals at X-S forums, im sure.

I don't even want to bother with shipping. I already have 2 ps2 pads on usb. I just more or less wanted a pad with 6 face buttons, for n64 emulation to feel more accurate.

I was just kind of hoping the used stores here would have one they'd sell for $5 or so.
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

I hate that original xbox controller. even the s. It feels so weird now after having used the 360 controller for a long period of time. I perfer to play all my roms with an arcade sticks. Seems more natural that way. Although this is a good mod.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

Mozgus wrote:
risk wrote:try ebay or the xbox-scene forums. prolly get cheaper deals at X-S forums, im sure.

I don't even want to bother with shipping. I already have 2 ps2 pads on usb. I just more or less wanted a pad with 6 face buttons, for n64 emulation to feel more accurate.

I was just kind of hoping the used stores here would have one they'd sell for $5 or so.

ive seen them around for $10 shipped. gamestop sells them used for $20.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

risk wrote:ive seen them around for $10 shipped. gamestop sells them used for $20.

I finally splurged a bit and bought one on ebay. I wasn't going to settle for any third party ones. I have no indication that all third party pads would work with this hack, and I also just hate third party controllers on any system.

Also, since PS2-to-PC adaptors don't work with Marvel Ultimate Alliance on PC, I gatta make do with another type of controller. Activision won't get off their asses to patch the game, despite hundreds of forum posts begging them. The game literally crashes upon launch until you unplug your PS2 controller. Weirdest thing...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Ok, got the controller, hacked it, and it's working on USB now. Awesome. Hope Marvel Ultimate Alliance works.

risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

awsome. you should wrap those exposed cables in electrical tape tho. also, blue controllers are hard to come by now, lucky!