Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

WTB: Sell me a $50-$200 cart lot

by dsheinem Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Over the past few years I have slowly purged a significant portion of my once very large retro collection, and while I don't regret doing so (I am generally happy to play most of the games via emulation), I think that I'd like to have some "staples" back in my stable, so to speak. Specifically, I would like to have a small collection of games that I can pop into my Retron 5 or Genesis from time to time to justify keeping those pieces of hardware (and their controllers, etc.) around.

So, I thought that I'd ask what the fine folks here might be able to do to help me out. I am not really looking for any specific games, but I am looking for some specific types of games. I am also looking to spend anywhere from $50-$200 on this little project, with the understanding that I am trying to get the most bang for my buck (so I would expect lot pricing, at least slightly cheaper than eBay valuations, etc.). Here's the parameters of what I am searching for:

Looking for:
-NES, SNES, Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, or Super Famicom carts
-games in some of my favorite genres: shmups, run-n-guns, beat-em-ups, platformers, racing games, pinball games, fighting games - basically anything that is a quick "pick-up-and-play" or an arcade style game
-Any "Must Have" titles for any of these consoles (e.g. The Legend of Zelda, SMB3, Contra, MKII, SoR, etc.) especially if they are on the cheaper side (the guides on this site are good starting places for thinking of these titles)
-Any "more people should play this game and love it" title that you think would be cool for me to try. I am hoping to get a few "hidden gems" in this lot...

Not Looking for:
-GB/GBC/GBA stuff (at least not at this time)
-expensive games (quantity over quality is fine, though obviously a healthy mix of both would be cool)
-yearly sports titles, edutainment titles, RPGs (unless they are short), or games that require peripherals
-FC/SFC/MD carts that would require me to know Japanese to enjoy

The only Nintendo cart I have right now is SMB/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet. I have about 20 Genesis carts including a couple of Sonic games, NBA Jam, the 6-pack, and some other favorites - so I am not quite as interested in Genesis stuff as I am NES/SNES stuff, even though I am asking for proposed lots with both. If you want a list of my Genesis carts, let me know.

I realize that this is both a somewhat constrained list and a fairly broad price range, but I would bet there are folks here who would welcome the chance to part with doubles, bundle up a bunch of cheaper games to go to one buyer, or otherwise pick up some cash while helping me out. So, if you are interested, pitch me a lot idea (or two) via PM and I'll get back to you soon!

Thanks!

p.s. I may be asking for the same kind of thing with Saturn/Dreamcast/PS1 titles in the near future, so if you have anything for those consoles that you want to throw in or think about, I would certainly entertain the idea.
Last edited by dsheinem on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1190 times in total.
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:00 am

Are you interested in a complete copy of Zelda Phantom Hourglass?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 am

not really, I have never been real big on the Zelda games.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:39 pm

bump for update
Eaglethorn

Ds games

by Eaglethorn Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 pm

I dont know if you want any of my stuff but i do have Wario Ware: touched, Final Fantasy 3, Wario master of disguise, Animal Crossing wild world.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Ds games

by dsheinem Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Eaglethorn wrote:I dont know if you want any of my stuff but i do have Wario Ware: touched, Final Fantasy 3, Wario master of disguise, Animal Crossing wild world.

Nah, I picked up a DS flash cart system, so I am only going to pick up a few DS games to start - mostly shmup stuff
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:07 am

now with prices
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:47 pm

more updates...
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm

updated - stuff is flying off the shelves!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 am

bump - more changes again
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade