All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: FS: PS2 mod service and more! PRICE DROPS!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm 
Next-Gen
 YIM  Profile

i am offering PS2 modchip installs for most fat models.
my price is $75 plus shipping for the install service on PS2s that have motherboard versions 5 through 10 (30001R, 39001/39001N, 50001/50001N) earlier fat models will vary in pricing, please PM for details. this service includes a modbo 4 version 1.93 chip and romeo mod (romeo mod is only needed for version 9 and 10 fat models). i am not currently offering this service for slim consoles.
please make sure your PS2 is in good working order (no disk read error issues, etc) this service does not include repairs, though i can do most repairs at additional cost if i have the part that is needed or if you can provide it.

premodded PS2 systems:
starter set:
SCPH-30001 with modbo 4 installed. includes logitech wireless controller, AV and power cables, sony 8M memory card, and a net adapter. does not include a hard drive, but most IDE drives should work. ON HOLD, PENDING PAYMENT.
bare console:
currently sold out. will update when more are available.

i can accept payment by cash or postal money order (sorry, i do not accept paypal)

Last edited by SnowKitty on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Post subject: Re: interest check: SATA modded PS2 network adapters
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:02 pm 
16-bit

SnowKitty wrote:
would anyone be interested in SATA-modded PS2 network adapters? i know dealextreme sells cheap counterfeits, but the ethernet doesn't work on those as far as i know. i would be using genuine sony adapters and SATA bridges based on marvell chipsets.

Ooooo :shock:

Didn't know people made those, how much per adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 pm 
Next-Gen
 YIM  Profile

Xeoloux wrote:
SnowKitty wrote:
would anyone be interested in SATA-modded PS2 network adapters? i know dealextreme sells cheap counterfeits, but the ethernet doesn't work on those as far as i know. i would be using genuine sony adapters and SATA bridges based on marvell chipsets.

Ooooo :shock:

Didn't know people made those, how much per adapter?

i haven't set a price in stone yet, but it will probably be around $80 plus shipping. and before anyone whines about the price, keep in mind that the sata adapters are about $25 after shipping and tax on newegg, plus the cost of the net adapters and all the work that goes into building these.

Last edited by SnowKitty on Fri May 04, 2012 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 pm 
16-bit

That is something special. Does the adapter and PS2 support up to a 2TB sata drive?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  YIM  Profile

what kind of work does into this?

^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:19 pm 
Next-Gen
 YIM  Profile

Xeoloux wrote:
That is something special. Does the adapter and PS2 support up to a 2TB sata drive?

as far as i know, it should support drives that large. you must use a version of HDloader with 48bit LBA support for drives over 128GB.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:31 am 
Next-Gen

Yeah, I'll buy one if/when you make them available. Your price is very fair. I'll try to keep an eye out, but I'd appreciate a PM.

2TB would probably work with 48bit HDloader. Any larger woud probably not. That won't stop me from trying Toxic-OS or any of the other major mods to make a 3 or 4 TB drive work. The larger drives report to use 64+ bit LBA addressing which requires the host to actually realize that kind of addressing exists - drivers and/or firmware mods depending on the hardware. 2.1 TB is the limit with anything using any smaller addressing space.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:37 pm 
Next-Gen
 YIM  Profile

Anapan wrote:
Yeah, I'll buy one if/when you make them available. Your price is very fair. I'll try to keep an eye out, but I'd appreciate a PM.

2TB would probably work with 48bit HDloader. Any larger woud probably not. That won't stop me from trying Toxic-OS or any of the other major mods to make a 3 or 4 TB drive work. The larger drives report to use 64+ bit LBA addressing which requires the host to actually realize that kind of addressing exists - drivers and/or firmware mods depending on the hardware. 2.1 TB is the limit with anything using any smaller addressing space.

toxicoOS only does 48bit LBA iirc. it's also horrendously outdated as far as HDloaders go and i only use it as a loader menu for .ELFs and other stuff. also, it requires a DMS4 pro or DMS4SE pro chip to use (i've heard some clone chips can run it though)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 am 
32-bit
 YIM  Profile

SnowKitty wrote:

I know I'd be interested, but I have neither the funds, nor an original PS2, XD.

Really cool, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:17 pm 
Next-Gen
 YIM  Profile

BUMP! also offering SATA mod services for those who already own network adapters...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next