All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Samson's Sale Thread: TOMBA! Final Fantasy VII Mega Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:51 pm 
Next-Gen

For those who don't know me yet, I'm Samson. I've been a member of this forum for three years. I have 100% positive feedback here on racketboy and 100% positive feedback on ebay.

I'm a collector and a retro gamer like all of you, so I keep my games in good condition. All the games I'm listing here have very minimal ware. Nothing is museum quality, but I've made every reasonable effort to keep my games looking and playing well.
If you feel my prices are unreasonable shoot me an offer via PM. I may be up for trades, (depending on the item) but I'm mostly looking for sales.
Payment should be made via Paypal "gift" payment. Shipping is not included.
TOMBA! $70
Complete with disc, jewel case, and manual.
This game is listed on Racket's article The Rarest and Most Valuable PlayStation Games and The Best Undiscovered PlayStation Games
Quote:
If there was one PS1 game to invest in over the last three years, it seems to be Tomba. This gem of a platformer wasn’t even in the top 15 list and has increased at least 20% over a couple years. Also, a sealed copy was recently sold for $225. This side-scrolling platforming adventure is actually a project of Tokuro Fujiwara of Ghosts ‘n Goblins and Mega Man fame. It has be widely undiscovered, but has recieved more exposure since we featured Tomba in our PS1 Hidden Gems Guide.

Final Fantasy VII $60
Black Label. Complete with all three discs, jewel case, and manual
This game is listed on Racket's article The Rarest and Most Valuable PlayStation Games and Games That Defined the History of the PlayStation.
racketboy wrote:
For the longest time, you could find this popular game for a reasonable price (after all, it was the second highest selling game on the PS1 at 9.8 million units), but it still has heavy demand behind it from collectors. As with most Playstation games, the original black-label released command far more from collectors. Back in 2008, a sealed copy sold for over $700, but we haven’t seen those types of numbers as of late.

racketboy wrote:
As the first Final Fantasy game to be presented in three dimensions, Final Fantasy VII was a milestone in the RPG genre. For many impressionable youths in this new gaming generation, it was an introduction to the genre and was an early showcase of what could be done with computer generated cut-scenes and story-telling. Even though it may not have been the greatest Final Fantasy in terms of game mechanics, it is definitely high on the food chain in terms of iconic characters and experiences from the 32-bit era.

Legend of Dragoon $25
Greatest Hits. Complete with all four discs, jewel case, manual, and PlayStation Underground insert.
One of the best RPGs on a console known for great RPGs

Silhouette Mirage $25
Regrettably missing the manual. Disc and original jewel case are included.
Mentioned in Racket's article Top 20 Games That Nobody Played but YOU should.
racketboy wrote:
Treasure once again, beautifully pushes the 2D envelope to the max on both the Saturn and PSX in addition to having a wonderful soundtrack and great sound effects.

Treasure is generally regarded among industry veterans to be one of the best developers of original 2D action games. Thanks to Treasure’s creativity, Silhouette Mirage has revolutionary play mechanics and an insane amount of depth. It features gameplay elements depending on changing colors — much like Treasure’s later shmup masterpiece, Ikaruga.

Jumping Flash 2 $10
Complete with disc, jewel case, and manual.
Mentioned in Gamerforlife's article Platforming 101 and briefly mentioned in Racket's article The Best Undiscovered PlayStation Games.
Quote:
Some developers did take the plunge into 3D however, which lead to the creation of some fairly good games in the genre. In 1994, Exact released Geograph Seal in Japan, a 3D first person shooter with a lot of jump based gameplay. 1995 saw the release of Jumping Flash from the same developer, which featured 3D platform gameplay with a first person perspective.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero $10
Complete with disc, jewel case, and manual

Racing Wheel for PlayStation $30
Complete with analog gas / brake foot pedals and all necessary cords.

Mega Man $35 SOLD
Cartridge only
Mentioned in Racket's article The Games That Defined The Nintendo Entertainment System.
racketboy wrote:
you can’t deny that Mega Man was a cutting edge series on the NES. Mega Man combined fast-paced platform shooting with imaginative robot levels and bosses that reward you with inventive gun power ups. Each game in this established series is essentially the same, with the ability to slide around and charge your gun being the only major changes.

The basic formula of the Mega Man series is jumping and shooting through themed levels filled with creative robotic enemies before duking it out with the level’s Robot Master. After defeating that Robot Master, you acquire their special power. Those power can then be used in later levels to take advantage of the later opponents’ weaknesses rock/paper/scissors-style. Therein lies the genius of the Megaman series.

Kirby's Adventure $15
Cartridge only
Mentioned in Racket's Article Games that Pushed the Limits of the NES and again inThe Games That Defined The Nintendo Entertainment System
Quote:
Kirby was another one of those games that came out for the NES as many Nintendo fans already had started building their SNES libraries. It’s a cute and fun-filled game that, like Super Mario Bros 3, looked like an early SNES game with a smaller color palette. Kirby had an advantage on Mario 3, however, as it was the largest licensed NES cart at 6 Mbit (and it shows).

Rather than make some piece of trash as the last great NES game, the makers polished it and polished it until you can almost see your face in it. The graphics stretch the 8-bit format to its absolute limit. It is the aesthetic equivalent of painting the Lord’s Prayer on a grain of rice – the beauty is that of working within the limitations.

Kirby himself is a beautiful vibrant pink, the worlds he passes through are delicious lime greens, ice blues, chocolate browns – the rich colors do not attempt to emulate 16 bit, but instead try to make 8 bit as beautiful as possible. The attention to detail incredible as Kirby’s character animations are about as good as they get on the NES.

The backgrounds’ graphics may be The biggest strength of the game. In relation to most other NES games, the backgrounds in Kirby’s Adventure are superb. There’s one level that takes place in a forest and you can see an ocean in the distance. There is also some nifty parallax scrolling in the tower stages of the game. If all that wasn’t enough, the game has smooth animation as well. Even the intros to each level were nifty. All these little elements come together to create one “dreamy” gaming experience.

Sega Genesis At@Games $15
Genesis clone with 2-player controllers and many licensed games built-in.

I take customer satisfaction seriously. I only sell products that I know will work. If you are unsatisfied feel free to contact me, and I will personally make it right.

Last edited by samsonlonghair on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Samson's Sale Thread: TOMBA! Final Fantasy VII Mega Man
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 am 

sam's got some awesome stuff (bump).

Post subject: Re: Samson's Sale Thread: TOMBA! Final Fantasy VII Mega Man
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm 
32-bit

Can't believe anyone has jumped on any of this yet, free bump for you.