Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Two Syncmaster monitors I'll be testing with the VGA ada

by Mozgus Fri May 19, 2006 8:04 pm

crisis wrote:I have a SyncMaster 940B at work, and I have a SyncMaster 204B at home. I'll be testing the adapter on both of these monitors. I've gotten some good info from this forum and dcemulation. Maybe I'll do some more photos similar to the Saturn S-Video vs. Composite showdown.

The scaling actually isn't the worst part, when I am forced to squish the screen horizontally. The thing that really drives me nuts, is when I squish it, I get darker faded vertical bars throughout the whole screen. It looks awful. I will try to take pictures soon. I would give anything for a solution to this. I do not own a TV and must rely on my monitor.
turkey
24-bit

by turkey Sat May 20, 2006 7:14 pm

you dont happen t know of the output rez do you? or is it the same as the usual dc uotput? just so people can check if their hdtv works well with the rex.

will probably have to get one and a saturn mod as well. dam sega fanboy that i am :)
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sat May 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Its the standard resolution -- just perfect image quality.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Sat May 20, 2006 9:02 pm

racketboy wrote:Its the standard resolution -- just perfect image quality.

640x480@60htz

I went ahead and just gave the dreamcast it's own station again. Now I have an hdtv tuner box attached to my LCD monitor's secondary VGA input instead.

Image Image

Old pics, but that's basically how it is now.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 24, 2006 10:42 am

I have a bunch more cables now!
RGSPro

by RGSPro Sat May 27, 2006 2:15 am

Hey, can anybody tell me how the audio works on this bad boy?

Also, it is the same end that you find on the xbox360 vga adapters? If so, it won't plug into a monitor's cable, it will be the same looking connector. It needs to go into an LCD, right? like my 360 does? So, that means that the cable is wayyyy to short, and the dreamcast needs to be but up against the LCD, or you need a VGA extention cable. I guess I can get it working with my KVM switch which has the kind of connections it needs, and with that extention cable, it could go into my CRT.

Im not sure yet, but I am very interested. Anyone have high-res shots of this cable?
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sat May 27, 2006 7:53 am

RGSPro wrote:Hey, can anybody tell me how the audio works on this bad boy?

Also, it is the same end that you find on the xbox360 vga adapters? If so, it won't plug into a monitor's cable, it will be the same looking connector. It needs to go into an LCD, right? like my 360 does? So, that means that the cable is wayyyy to short, and the dreamcast needs to be but up against the LCD, or you need a VGA extention cable. I guess I can get it working with my KVM switch which has the kind of connections it needs, and with that extention cable, it could go into my CRT.

Im not sure yet, but I am very interested. Anyone have high-res shots of this cable?

Yeah, I still need to take more pictures of the thing.
The little box-looking thing has a headphone jack. So you can either plug your PC speakers or headphones into it. I have my good Logitech speakers plugged into it and it sounds phenominal.

I have mine plugged into a CRT monitor, so it essential works with ANY monitor/display that has a VGA connection.

The cable itself is pretty short, but like I said earlier, your monitor cables are usually pretty long. Keep in mind your monitor cable should be long enough to reach over to your PC -- in my case my PC is like 6 feet away from my monitor.

As far as I know, the XBox 360 doesn't support VGA natively, so the VGA box for that might just be doing a conversion. If so, the Dreamcast one should be superior since the Dreamcast has VGA support natively.
RGSPro

by RGSPro Mon May 29, 2006 12:46 pm

What does the end of that cable look like, left or right:

If it looks like the one on the left, it will not plug into a VGA monitor's cable, it would need to have a gender changer for it to work, because thats the same as the end of a vga monitor cable.

the 360 vga cable looks like the one on the left, meaning it needs to go right up into my LCD, to go into the monitor like this, and will not plug into a vga monitor cable:

Please tell me it looks like the one on the right :)
neohx_7
64-bit

by neohx_7 Tue May 30, 2006 3:44 pm

I have the clear orange plastic DC adaptor with S-Video, Composite, and VGA, Stereo RCA and 2 miniplug audio jacks, and a switch for TV/VGA to go between the different modes. It works really really nicely. You have to supply your own VGA cable though.
oizukitom
8-bit

RGSPro Did anyone answer your question ?

by oizukitom Tue May 30, 2006 9:03 pm

It is a female DB15 to connect to a male DB15 on a CRT SVGA monitor. If you plan to use an LCD panel or LCD TV you need a male-male DB15 ( pins on both ends ) not an extension cable. Extensions are female - male.
I guess it depends on what you are connecting.

RB my VGA DC plug arrived in fine condition and you should she it on the HD TV - sweet. I was gonna write a review for it. There are a few games that will not work - so far Last Blase (US release)

Tom
Long Live The DC...
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade