Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Sun May 14, 2006 1:12 am

racketboy wrote:Hey Mozgus! nice to see you finally show up on the forums.
What type of VGA box are you using right now? have a picture?
I don't have an LCD at home, so I can only test it on my CRT.

I generally only register on a forum to say a few things. I won't be around much.

Well the VGA box I have is a squared clear box, with the TV-PC switch on the bottom. One side has the vga and pc audio outputs. The other side has the rca and s-video outputs. A model number says XK-DC-2000. It has an orange sticker on the front side, "DC VGA BOX".

I have asked many places. If you know of any way to fix my issue, please let me know. Because when you get a game like Soul Calibur properly scaled on this LCD, it's flawless, and beats my CRT in all ways.

Edit: Btw, you did a nice job editing the phpbb here to match your site's layout. I hope to be able to create a decent matching design for my site and forum too. I was only able to edit about a dozen small things from an existing skin on my forum. Don't wanna push my luck right now, heh.

Last edited by Mozgus on Sun May 14, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun May 14, 2006 8:57 am

Mozgus wrote:I have asked many places. If you know of any way to fix my issue, please let me know. Because when you get a game like Soul Calibur properly scaled on this LCD, it's flawless, and beats my CRT in all ways.

Edit: Btw, you did a nice job editing the phpbb here to match your site's layout. I hope to be able to create a decent matching design for my site and forum too. I only able to edit about a dozen small things from an existing skin on my forum. Don't wanna push my luck right now, heh.

I'll probably be researching more about the devices as I go along and I'll let you know if I stumble across anything. I would assume it is more dependant on the particular monitor than the box/cable.

And thanks on the phpbb comment. It can be a little tricky, but I essentially just put a table around an existing template and tweak a few things. :)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Sun May 14, 2006 2:07 pm

racketboy wrote:I'll probably be researching more about the devices as I go along and I'll let you know if I stumble across anything. I would assume it is more dependant on the particular monitor than the box/cable.

And thanks on the phpbb comment. It can be a little tricky, but I essentially just put a table around an existing template and tweak a few things. :)

Could you take a picture of the VGA cables you will be offering? I wanna see.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun May 14, 2006 10:43 pm

You can see the new store page here:
http://www.racketboy.com/store/dreamcas ... le-box.htm

Just a fair warning: The price may go up later on depending on how they do.
This is an introductory price that is mainly for forum users as I won't be making a broader announcement until I get more in stock.
CurulleanCat
32-bit

by CurulleanCat Sun May 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Damn those are the exact same ones on ebay but cheaper. Ill be buying one next week.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Mon May 15, 2006 12:09 am

racketboy wrote:You can see the new store page here:

This is an introductory price that is mainly for forum users as I won't be making a broader announcement until I get more in stock.

Can we just buy them right now?

Edit: Um...wait, does that cable even have the right end? It's got the screws on it, which means it hooks directly to the back of a monitor right? Many monitors dont even have detachable cables. Can you take an actual picture of it? It might be worthless for me because I don't have my DC 2 feet away from my monitor.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon May 15, 2006 6:55 am

Mozgus wrote:
racketboy wrote:You can see the new store page here:

Can we just buy them right now?

Edit: Um...wait, does that cable even have the right end? It's got the screws on it, which means it hooks directly to the back of a monitor right? Many monitors dont even have detachable cables. Can you take an actual picture of it? It might be worthless for me because I don't have my DC 2 feet away from my monitor.

I'm not sure why it has screws -- but it does hook up fine. But it doesn't really screw into anything -- just plug in that end to the end of the monitor cable. It also has the audio jack for the speakers in the box thing.

I'll take more detailed picture soon.

And yes, you can buy them now. I only have two currently, but I should have more in the next week.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Mon May 15, 2006 7:01 am

Ok paid.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon May 15, 2006 7:07 am

Mozgus wrote:Ok paid.

Cool -- I won't be able to get it shipped out today since I'm already at work, but It will be shipped first thing tomorrow.

Only one left until next week!
Ivo
Next-Gen

The cable seems a bit short

by Ivo Mon May 15, 2006 7:19 am

Is the picture reflecting the real lenght of the cable? Doesn't look very long. Looks like you'd have to put the DC quite close to the speakers and monitor (and some unshielded speakers shouldn't be close to monitors)
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade