Guidelines for being a successful trader

Post Your Goods (and possibly trade wishlists) here
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Guidelines for being a successful trader

Post by Hobie-wan »

pakopako wrote:(I take one of those Priority Envelopes and wrap the two games so it adds a negligible weight.)

Even just a sheet of paper folded around and taped works.
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

DSC00051.jpg
DSC00051.jpg (66.57 KiB) Viewed 9570 times

Another reminder to make sure to pack items right and use more than just packing peanuts if you have some more delicate items. Also ask for a Fragile stamp for game items.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

How does selling and trading on this site work? Is it done through paypal? I mean, I've sold games through ebay and amazon before, but they have their own marketplaces and security. When we agree to pay for an item, does the seller get paid first and then ships the item out without going through paypal???

I've looked here for the answer to this and could not find it...
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Soldier Blue wrote:How does selling and trading on this site work? Is it done through paypal? I mean, I've sold games through ebay and amazon before, but they have their own marketplaces and security. When we agree to pay for an item, does the seller get paid first and then ships the item out without going through paypal???

I've looked here for the answer to this and could not find it...

It is all up to the buyer and seller. The forum only facilitates people finding each other, it is up to the parties involved to work out how payment and shipping works. Check the feedback thread to see if the other person appears to be trustworthy. Generally people pay for items and then the seller ships. However if a seller is new and a buyer is established it is not uncommon for the buyer to ask the seller to ship first, then pay once things arrive ok, especially if it is a larger purchase. Some sellers ask for people to send Paypal gift, but this route is not recommended unless you totally trust the seller.

If something goes wrong and your item doesn't arrive or there is a problem, you can't go crying to Paypal if it was sent as a gift as that offers no protection and Paypal will be pissed at you for trying to avoid fees for a purchase transaction. If a seller posts something asking for PP payment as a gift, I recommend asking if you can simply add a dollar and possibly some change depending on the price to cover fees.

But remember, the site only helps buyers and sellers find each other. If anything goes wrong, it is up to the parties involved to work it out. You can post positive or negative feedback as warranted, but that is it. That being said, if you look at the feedback thread, you can see that things go smoothly most of the time.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I had a big long post typed up as a response and Hobie beat me to it! And he did a better job to boot! :lol:

So, you know, what he said.^ :lol:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

So if I want to use paypal to buy/sell on this site I have to use a gift?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Soldier Blue wrote:So if I use paypal to sell on this site I have to use a gift?

No, and it is recommended that you don't. Doing a normal payment gives you the protections of Paypal and the ability to make a case if there's a problem with things not arriving. I only wrote so much about 'gifting' because it is a dangerous thing to do and you have no protection. Plus I believe that Paypal does deserve to be paid for the services, even if I don't like paying it because it makes things more expensive. But hey, shipping and money transfer fees, whether that's via paypal, MO, or a check in the mail is part of doing business with someone who isn't local.

Again, the forum just helps buyers and sellers find each other. Everything else is up to you and the other person. If you decide to send money via carrier pigeon (I know they're extinct) and the seller uses a cannon to send your items, that is up to you guys and any problems are between you two. If it doesn't go well and you post on here, we'll laugh at you but you'd be on your own. :lol:
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Ah okay thanks for the pointers, sorry no carrier pigeon :P
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

Mechblue wrote:
DSC00051.jpg

Another reminder to make sure to pack items right and use more than just packing peanuts if you have some more delicate items. Also ask for a Fragile stamp for game items.

this can't be said enough.
if you took a shit, please put it back
BenG76
24-bit

Post by BenG76 »

Great guideline here.

Something that I would add is if you are offering stuff for sale please price it. I skip over a lot of stuff because people will put make offer or FO. This may be just me but I am more apt to take a for sale thread serious if things are priced. Plus if I have to do the legwork to figure out a price my offer is typically lower as I am a cheap bastard.

Its really not that hard to figure out the value of items unless they are uber rare. I would imagine that threads with prices versus those with for offer sell/trade a great deal more.