Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
Para
128-bit

Star Wars Stuff

by Para Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:09 am

I guess it's time for the first item to be officially sold by me on Racketboy

Complete, Mint, Sealed, Star Wars 2005 Pin Set
As the title suggests, I am selling a complete, mint, never opened Star Wars Pin Set collection from 2005. I had a very hard time finding any actual information online about it to use as a reference when trying to explain it to people, so I will do my best to give a brief description and the background on the item.

I live in Canada and the pin set was on sale only through a promotion in the news paper here. Every day in the Free Press there would be a coupon for a specific pin, and you had to cut it out and either take it to the Free Press Building or mail it in (if I remember correctly) and there was a new pin every day for 20 days.

I had a connection with someone in the advertising department at the time so they got a chance to buy the entire pin collection all at the same time, before it went on sale to to public. It was awesome because I got all the pins upfront and I didn't have to worry about collecting each individual pin over the course of 20 days.

It came with a promotional poster showing off all the pins that were available and a booklet you are supposed to keep the pins in with a brief description of the associated characters. The poster is still flat and only has one tiny wrinkle in it (its even hard to notice and I am sure it could be flattened out easily), the booklet is completely untouched and the pins are all individually sealed, inside another bag that is also sealed.

Normally I am not the type to buy something and keep it completely mint and unused, but I really had no idea how to properly display and take care of the entire collection so I just left it the way I got it for six years. I completely forgot I even owned it until I was going through my storage case and I came across it again.

I am also not trying to be like every other idiot on eBay and adding taglines like "RARE COMPLETE MINT" etc to my item just to make it seem more valuable, I am the original owner and I had it stored in a cabinet since the day I bought it. There is no damage, sun fading or even a fingerprint on the pins themselves.

I was a huge Star Wars fan growing up and I still like it, but I am no where near as into it as I used to be. Also Episodes 1-3 really didn't help my relationship with Star Wars but I am sure that I am not the only person who feels that way, and that is another issue altogether.

I don't have a set price in mind so feel free to offer. I am only really selling it because I am currently laid off (starting a new job this month though, thankfully) and I need some more expendable cash to throw around. I am very open to the idea of a trade because I would probably just spend most of the money from this on games anyways. Refer to my WTB list below for ideas of what I am interested in.
Other pictures:
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0747.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0748.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0750.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0751.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0752.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0753.jpg
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... G_0754.jpg

I live in Canada and I have +3 positive ratings for transactions. I have only bought two different times so far on here but it was a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff both times.

Let me end this thread with a picture of my cat Goldie next to my poor old discoloured Super Nintendo. For some reason she likes hanging out next to it, smart cat I guess.

snesgoldie.JPG
snesgoldie.JPG (25.88 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Last edited by Para on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Robin Hood
16-bit

Re: Para's WTB List -Saturn, GBA

by Robin Hood Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I have Sega Saturn with 4 guns two controllers two flight stick, Another RARE Flight Stick with 115 games all Mint No scratches with there cases with RARE Games included as well.

I will post pics soon. Thanks
Bodmin
32-bit

by Bodmin Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm

IMG0005.jpg
IMG0005.jpg (42.91 KiB) Viewed 3922 times
Para
128-bit

by Para Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Updated everything. Posted awesome cat picture. 8)
Jimmy Yakapucci
64-bit

Re: Para's Marketplace

by Jimmy Yakapucci Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:26 pm

I have a pink translucent GBA if you are interested. I also have a soft carrying case, a purple worm light, and I think that I have a link cable or two. Just have to make sure of that. Let me know if you are interested in any of it.

JY
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Goldie is beautiful. My kind of cat.
Para
128-bit

by Para Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 pm

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Goldie is beautiful. My kind of cat.

Thanks, she is pretty awesome. 8) She used to live in a barn with a few horses but we rescued her a few years ago because it goes to -40c in winter here and most cats won't survive that outside.

Updated the OP slightly.
I changed the "wanted: Gameboy Advances" to SPs since they have backlit screens. I was told that even though it is still inside, regular GBA screens are hard to see at night/in darkness. Not sure if that is true or not but it makes sense to me.
Para
128-bit

by Para Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:11 am

Bumped. Updated a lot from the original post.

Made a sweet banner.
I need some GBAs since I have four GBA connector cords and no system to use them with. :(

I also figured out that my cat likes to hang out next to my SNES because there is a heat register near there and she likes the warm air flow. :)

Anyways sell me some stuff.
Para
128-bit

by Para Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Bought some things so I updated the list to reflect that, and then some.

I think I will be getting around to selling my duplicate games and whatnot soon. Most of the things I would sell aren't exactly super rare or cool (otherwise I wouldn't sell them) so I am not in the biggest hurry to start selling on here just yet.
Para
128-bit

by Para Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm

2 month bump. WTB Stuff for my new Sega Saturn
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade