Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
Breetai
Next-Gen

Re: Breetai's Final Sale from Japan

by Breetai Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 am

Well, I what shocked :shock: to pick up a new in box (sealed) copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn today. TRADE FOR RADIANT SILVERGUN PENDING!

I don't really want to sell it, but... it's still sealed. If anyone wants it, $300 shipped. I am not kidding. I do not expect to sell this, but... hey, that IS the going rate.

I'll also accept a straight up trade for Radiant Silvergun. I don't need the spine card.

The pull tab for the plastic wrap is still there, waiting to be pulled. I am VERY tempted and I suspect that I will open it and keep it, because I cannot fathom anyone paying $300 for a Saturn game. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who will probably never buy Radiant Silvergun because I don't want to pay $150 for a game.

I'm not going to lie. If it does sell for $300 I will make an insane profit of about $294. The store that sold it was selling Saturn games on clearance and obviously had no clue of its worth. I also picked up Layer Section II and Shienryu for very good prices. Too bad they didn't have Radiant Silvergun...
Last edited by Breetai on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Re: Super Tempo NIB for the Saturn; Breetai's Japanese retro

by s1mplehumar Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 am

PMD ya, Breetai.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Breetai wrote:Well, I what shocked :shock: to pick up a new in box (sealed) copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn today.

I don't really want to sell it, but... it's still sealed. If anyone wants it, $300 shipped. I am not kidding. I do not expect to sell this, but... hey, that IS the going rate.

I'll also accept a straight up trade for Radiant Silvergun or a Sapphire/Arcade Card combo (PC Engine). I don't need the spine card.

The pull tab for the plastic wrap is still there, waiting to be pulled. I am VERY tempted and I suspect that I will open it and keep it, because I cannot fathom anyone paying $300 for a Saturn game. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who will probably never buy Radiant Silvergun because I don't want to pay $150 for a game.

Feel free to think I'm a cash-grabbing bastard.

god. damn. that's beautiful. this and tryrush deppy are my most sought-after saturn platformers.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:03 pm

aaron wrote:
Breetai wrote:Well, I what shocked :shock: to pick up a new in box (sealed) copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn today.god. damn. that's beautiful. this and tryrush deppy are my most sought-after saturn platformers.

I was lucky! The store I got it from is clearing out all of their retro stuff. It was about $5. :shock: I bought it was Toh Shin Den S, Shienryu and Layer Section II. The total bill was just over $20. :shock: :shock: Definitely one of my best Saturn hauls.

Trade me for Radiant Silvergun?
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 am

Breetai wrote:
aaron wrote:
Breetai wrote:Well, I what shocked :shock: to pick up a new in box (sealed) copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn today.god. damn. that's beautiful. this and tryrush deppy are my most sought-after saturn platformers.

I was lucky! The store I got it from is clearing out all of their retro stuff. It was about $5. :shock: I bought it was Toh Shin Den S, Shienryu and Layer Section II. The total bill was just over $20. :shock: :shock: Definitely one of my best Saturn hauls.

Trade me for Radiant Silvergun?

i could do that, but i'd wanna open it, and i don't wanna do that. though since i got RS for about half of what this is worth, i could buy another RS and it'd be like getting that one for free, while paying full price for super tempo.

damn. so tempting.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 am

I'd love to get it too.

Unfortunately, I can't pay that, and I wouldn't want to buy a sealed copy knowing full well that the first thing I'd do is open that sucker up and play it, ha ha.

One hell of a find though.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:54 am

CFFJR wrote:I'd love to get it too.

Unfortunately, I can't pay that, and I wouldn't want to buy a sealed copy knowing full well that the first thing I'd do is open that sucker up and play it, ha ha.

One hell of a find though.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll open it myself eventually. Games are meant to be played. It's still apparently worth $300 opened. Actually, sealed who knows what it might be worth?

I also found a copy of Wipeout XL for $15. Apparently it's as rare or rarer than Super Tempo. Radiant Silvergun is common compared to these, according to what I have read and to personal experience. I've seen dozens of R.S. copies in the past few years, but only one Super Tempo and Wipeout XL.

Clearance sales are a good thing!!!
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

i'd be really, really interested to see what that would fetch sealed. that's seriously the absolute best "find of the day" i've seen on this board. many congratulations and i'm insanely jealous.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 pm

aaron wrote:i'd be really, really interested to see what that would fetch sealed. that's seriously the absolute best "find of the day" i've seen on this board. many congratulations and i'm insanely jealous.
Haha, me too. I'm only putting this out of a few sites like this, though... So I really don't expect it to go. Kind of hope to keep it. :P
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Holy Hell!!!

How did I miss this!!! (Begins frantically scraping pockets for cash) If only I had some crazy spending money!!!! Like was mentioned above this is one of the JP Saturn games that is pretty much forever on my want list.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade