Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Re: FINAL SALE from Japan!! Plus more price drops. NEC galore!

by AmishSamurai Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:51 am

Shipping from Japan is pretty brutal. When I bought my Wonderswan from Breetai, which is probably lighter than the MSX, shipping was 30 USD. You're probably looking above that, possibly as much as the price of the MSX itself for shipping.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

AmishSamurai wrote:Shipping from Japan is pretty brutal. When I bought my Wonderswan from Breetai, which is probably lighter than the MSX, shipping was 30 USD. You're probably looking above that, possibly as much as the price of the MSX itself for shipping.

Shipping on the MSX by air is about US$60.

By sea is about $35 I think.

Consider this, the very same MSX system (but without the missing key issue) is $50 on ebay in America. Just "Front Line" is going for $130 boxed right now (I know, I know... but the ebay copy is the only copy of it I could find). "Sky Jaguar" is $12-13 at Rising Stuff (Shipped from Japan). I couldn't even find the other games. So, even with shipping, you'd have a very good change of selling the very same set and at least breaking even. It is a very good deal.

Hmmmm... I'm almost thinking of just keeping it. Same with the Mega Drive set.
puke_face

by puke_face Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 pm

I am really tempted to get either the PC Engine Duo Set or the MSX from you. My fear is that a lot of the games for both of them would end up collecting dust, because I can't read Japanese. I got a game one time thinking it would be awesome to have a game released in a different country, but it too is collecting dust.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm

puke_face wrote:I am really tempted to get either the PC Engine Duo Set or the MSX from you. My fear is that a lot of the games for both of them would end up collecting dust, because I can't read Japanese. I got a game one time thinking it would be awesome to have a game released in a different country, but it too is collecting dust.

Most of the PCE games don't require Japanese knowledge, same with all of the MSX games I have (heck, they're even in English!!!).

Do you really need any language to play R-Type? :roll:

The only games here that would be tough are Ys I&II, Ys III and Maniac Pro Wrestling. For Ys, just burn the US versions if you want. You'd have the originals, if you're worried about pirating. The Duo and read copied games and US games.
puke_face

by puke_face Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Breetai wrote:
Do you really need any language to play R-Type? :roll:

For Ys, just burn the US versions if you want. You'd have the originals, if you're worried about pirating. The Duo and read copied games and US games.

All very good points... have you worked in sales before?! :lol:
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Hey now, I cant play R-type without knowing Japanese!

Im tempted by the MSX. If no one else jumps on it before you hit do or die time message me. Also if that Megadrive lot doesnt sell, I am very interested in buying part of it - though I know that makes it alot more difficult for you so I understand if you are not ok with that.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Hey now, I cant play R-type without knowing Japanese!

Im tempted by the MSX. If no one else jumps on it before you hit do or die time message me. Also if that Megadrive lot doesnt sell, I am very interested in buying part of it - though I know that makes it alot more difficult for you so I understand if you are not ok with that.

Should I PM you my Paypal email again on the MSX? :D

Part of the reason I don't want to separate the MD lot is that I'm actually hesitant to give it up. I really like it, even though I've got most of the Genesis/Sega CD games I want already. Logic is telling me to sell it, the gamer in me is telling me to keep it.

All very good points... have you worked in sales before?!
I've dabbled in pretty much everything before. 8)
crux
128-bit

by crux Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Let me know if that Beatmania sale goes through. It'd be funny to play around with an old five key controller and the price is right. :)
molotovwars
Next-Gen

by molotovwars Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 am

I'm surprised that Mega Drive set hasn't moved. If I weren't planning on getting out of collecting and selling a lot of my stuff I'd consider it. I hope someone picks it up from you!
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 am

molotovwars wrote:I'm surprised that Mega Drive set hasn't moved. If I weren't planning on getting out of collecting and selling a lot of my stuff I'd consider it. I hope someone picks it up from you!

To be honest, I am a little as well. The price is definitely very good for a Japanese set like this. Plus, it's got the very first Phantasy Star... on the Mega Drive!!!

On the other hand, if any set doesn't sell... it's rather it be this one. I like it.
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade