Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
Ack

B/S/T RULES

by Ack Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:51 pm

EDIT (dsheinem): New Rules can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19928

Listen up, maggots. It has come to the staff's attention that you are currently upset with how things are handled in the B/S/T forum, and so you have bitched and bitched until something could be done. So here come a few basic guidelines to consider while something better is slapped together for you. It is suggested that you look upon these rules as a gift from God, which is what they most certainly are.

Sellers:

1. State what nation you are from in your initial post, so that buyers have an understanding of where the product must be shipped from.

2. Post pictures of the items, tell buyers if you are willing to send them pictures, or tell when you will post pictures when you post your item. If you cannot post pictures for whatever reason, say so.

3. Do not post links to eBay auctions unless you are offering Racketboy.com members some kind of special deal, or you are relisting the items on eBay after failing to sell them here.

4. JAP is considered an offensive term to Japanese. JP or JPN is acceptable, as is NTSC-J.

5. State what method of payment is preferable.

6. Tracking numbers are preferred, but not required.

7. If leaving town while sales are pending, post in the thread and notify the pending purchasers of what's going on. If you find yourself unable to send an item, inform the purchaser immediately. If you do not have access to the Internet, visit your local library. If you live in Philadelphia, contact your mayor to reopen local libraries, and then visit it.

8. If doing international shipping, make sure the buyer is aware of what shipping options they have.

9. Do not try to sell things in another seller's thread. Make your own.

10. When the sale has finished, note that it is done in the Subject section of the first post. If the sale changes, also put these into the first post.

Buyers:

1. If sellers do not post this information, you have every right to request it.

2. If you disagree with someone's prices but have no intention of buying the item, DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD. If someone's selling something for $50 over its value, then it likely won't sell. If it does sell, then whoever bought it deserves the loss of $50. No 'threadcrapping' is allowed.

3. If paying via PayPal, give the seller ample time to mail the item before filing a claim. Generally two weeks should be the minimum amount of time, as some sort of crisis may be going on in the seller's life where they are unable to get to the Internet, such as living in Philadelphia. If using a Money Order, longer times may be required.

4. Do not knock a B/S/T thread off-topic or hijack the thread.

5. If you see something is mislabeled, inform the seller in a PM, not in the thread.

6. It is not necessary to inform the seller in a thread that they have a PM. A large box at the top of the screen will appear, telling them this is the case, and emails may be sent to inform them.

Also, do not post other posts in this forum. It is for auctions only. And anyone suspected of being a bot will be banned and their thread deleted, as I despise long ads for Nokia phones.

It should be noted that anybody buying, selling, or trading, is doing so at their own risk. As Racketboy.com administrators and moderators do not have access to financial information and do not have the power to force people to send items or money, we can not help you. That is what things like Paypal disputes are for. We at Racketboy.com are not responsible for your deal.

Individuals found in violation of these rules may find themselves subject to warnings, a revocation of the right to post in the B/S/T forum, or even potential banning.

Rules will remain in effect until the staff produce something better.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
jp1
Next-Gen

Re: B/S/T RULES

by jp1 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Great. Thanks to all the whiners.

Not that the rules are unfair. I agree with them. But it was nice being treated as an adult while it lasted.

Maybe we can all ask to have every comment pre-moderated as well.

*No reflection on you Ack, I respect your post and will respect the rules as well.*
Last edited by jp1 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anayo
Next-Gen

by Anayo Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:58 pm

No disagreements here. Those are all good rules.
crux
128-bit

by crux Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 pm

That was quick.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Sorry I just did the PM'd thing wont happen again. I like most of the rules. This seems like a good start.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Yay rules!

#7 is both funny and sad.

But anyway, hopefully we'll get this section whipped into shape first since it seems to start the most grief. :)
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 pm

yeah, threadcrapping was just getting out of hand.

i think that's the right solution; as a forum, we're generally well-informed about prices and i don't see anyone here jumping on something ridiculous like $100 for mario bros / duck hunt.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Nice work Ack!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Great job Ack!!
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 pm

I like the PMed thing, I think it is cool when someone is interested and they bump your post. Other than that I agree all around. Sorry to hear bout philly man.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade