All The Wii Information You Could Want

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
JC
16-bit

Post by JC »

I'm dissapointed in this news, to be honest. Although I will get one, I'm not happy at the price - Nintendo originally stated they were aiming for a tag of under $200. Also, as someone else stated, $60 for an additional contoller setup is taking the piss. I'm all about multiplayer games and such, and to get three of my mates in on the action is gonna cost me $180 extra. This is not right in the slightest.

Wii Sports would have been a game I would not have bought, and a lot of my friends also said the same. Obviously Nintendo realised this, and that is why it's part of the package.

The virtual console thing is dissapointing aswell. I'm all for playing retro games, but the fact I will have to pay to download games I already own on cartridge is a kick in the teeth. The problem I have with this, is Nintendo are already making heavy profit per Wii pack sold, and combine that with the money they will be getting for letting people download these old school games, that's a lot of money. I wouldn't mind paying $250 for the pack as long as these games were cheaper. $10 for an N64 game is unreasonable, $8 for a SNES game is steep, and $5 for a NES game is a rip off.

Finally, the colour of the units. If the intention was to only offer the white Wii at the launch, then why tease us all with promo shots of the other coloured machines? That is just plain stupid.

Anyway, with all that said and done, I'll still get one over a 360 and a PS3 though.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

**Argument deleted. It's pointless, offers nothing to the readers, and only demotivates them from joining the thread. No more stupidity. Replying to this post at all would be an attempt at screwing up the discussion once again, so don't.**
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

JC wrote:The virtual console thing is dissapointing aswell. I'm all for playing retro games, but the fact I will have to pay to download games I already own on cartridge is a kick in the teeth. The problem I have with this, is Nintendo are already making heavy profit per Wii pack sold, and combine that with the money they will be getting for letting people download these old school games, that's a lot of money. I wouldn't mind paying $250 for the pack as long as these games were cheaper. $10 for an N64 game is unreasonable, $8 for a SNES game is steep, and $5 for a NES game is a rip off.

I agree with everything else you said. But I think the VC is the only thing Nintendo has priced fairly. To someone who knows nothing of emulators, or just doesn't want to learn how to use them, then the VC is a bargain. $5, $8, and especially $10 are very good prices for the best games of those respective systems. Not all games are actually worth the prices, but most of those titles released are going to be the quality titles from each generation. Old games are still very fun.

Of course piracy has spoiled me, so I probably won't buy much on NES or SNES. I always wanted to give Majora's Mask a fair try though, so that would be an instant buy for me.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Oh god... the stupid makes my brain hurt.

Enter the Wii and the PS3, two consoles slated to come out in the fourth quarter. Now that enough details have been revealed about their releases, including an idea of their dates and pricing, EB/Gamestop will take preorders – for one week only, starting Monday, and will only allow preorders from people that trade-in at least 50 dollars worth of games. That's right, they will only allow preorders for people who trade-in items.