Best DMG replacement shell?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Best DMG replacement shell?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

A while back I got a boxed OG Game Boy for $15. Box and stryo is in great shape. All paperwork is there and pretty nice looking. Sealed original headphones and a mint Tetris in its plastic case (SUPER RARE GAME, LOL). Not bad.....

However, while the Game Boy looked pretty much perfect it had a busted screw post rattling around inside and 2 stripped as fuck screws. I tried everything to save it. Even borrowed a tool for stripped screws. No dice. I tried drilling one out... but in the end i ending using brute force to just pry the fucker apart. LOL

There seem to be a few Chinese cases, a kitsch-bent case (The squared off one) and one from retro modding. I like this "SNES Lavender" one quite a bit..
.. Just wondering if there is anything better out there before i buy one. Its like 30 USD shipped with a glass screen and white buttons. :/

Cheers.

EDIT: I guess another option would be to buy a junk one from Japan and retrobrite it.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Best DMG replacement shell?

Post by samsonlonghair »

Just speaking personally, I would simply pull the shell from a non-working gameboy. I always liked the look of the original grey DMG. It looks industrial to me.

On the other hand, if you're looking for something custom, then I gotta admit I've never seen a lavender gameboy before. Have fun with it. :mrgreen:
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

There's a selection of colors on HandHeldLegend as well as buttons, rubber, and various modding parts. I haven't ordered a DMG shell, but I got a GBC shell off their site which I think was made by the same manufacturer and i'm happy with the quality.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

samsonlonghair wrote:Just speaking personally, I would simply pull the shell from a non-working gameboy. I always liked the look of the original grey DMG. It looks industrial to me.

On the other hand, if you're looking for something custom, then I gotta admit I've never seen a lavender gameboy before. Have fun with it. :mrgreen:

I can't find a non-working one with a nice case for cheap enough on eBay :(

Anapan wrote:There's a selection of colors on HandHeldLegend as well as buttons, rubber, and various modding parts. I haven't ordered a DMG shell, but I got a GBC shell off their site which I think was made by the same manufacturer and i'm happy with the quality.

That one looks just like most of the ones on eBay. I ordered one for 9 Loonies shipped ... guess ill find out if it's any good in a few months! heh
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.