Switch dream port wish lists

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Switch dream port wish lists

Post by noiseredux »

fun-talk time: what are your most wanted Switch ports? What is the likelihood of said ports? What concessions might developers have to make to port them? Etc?

This came into my mind because Overwatch released on Switch this week, and basically since the Switch launched it's been my #1 Most Wanted game port. Now that it's here - with some hits to detail and frames per second - I'm still overjoyed that it exists. And now I'm thinking... what else do I really want?

Grand Theft Auto V

Here's my favorite open world games in no particular order: BOTW, Skyrim, and GTA5. The first two are on Switch, and are incredible. But how likely is GTA5? Probably not very? On the one hand, I think it COULD be done. I mean look at Skyrim. It's a dream come true. But GTA5 feels even busier. THEN AGAIN, there is a 360 port of GTA5. So maybe it's possible? More so, I think if Rockstar was going to devote time and energy to a Switch game, it'd be like GTA6 or whatever. Or RDR2 (which seems highly unlikely). But still. A dude can wish.

XCOM 2

I feel like this COULD happen. Did y'all see the port of Civ6? I feel like it could happen. I mean, is XCOM 2 any more demanding than Fire Emblem: Three Houses? (I'm genuinely asking - I don't know/understand these things). And it's funny that my dream-ports are ones that I've already dumped 100+ hours into, but whatever.

I feel like I have a lot more, but these are the ones that immediately popped into my head.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Switch dream port wish lists

Post by bmoc »

Xenoblade Chronicles is already getting a Switch port /thread

In all seriousness though, I would like to see some more retro RPG collections be released like Collection of Mana. Being able to play them on the go really helps be get through them faster. In particular, I would be over the moon about a Suikoden, Wild Arms, Breath of Fire, or Xenosaga collection. Including games that weren't released in English (like Seiken Densetsu 3) would also be pretty great. I've always been interested the Suikogaiden games but I've never gone through the hassle of emulating the fan translation.

And while I'm on the subject of the Xeno series, I wouldn't mind a port of Xenoblade Chronicles X. They just have to rework the map a bit since that was on the Wii U gamepad. They also NEED to make the font bigger. I seriously thought I might need reading glasses after playing that game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Do you have Switch Online? The first Breath of Fire is part of the SNES offering there.

I'm actually surprised Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't on Switch yet.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

noiseredux wrote:Do you have Switch Online? The first Breath of Fire is part of the SNES offering there.

Sure do. I will probably play it after I am done with Collection of Mana.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Mother 3 physical release.

I actually think Nintendo will release Mother 3 on Switch digitally but probably not for a few years.

Game is amazing. I've beaten it and would love to play through again.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've thought about getting a repro of Mother 3 over the years. The way it usually goes, Nintendo will re-release it on Switch right after I buy a repro. Haha.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Some cool arcade games that never got proper console ports. The Alien Vs Predator Beat 'em Up comes to mind. I think that was a Capcom CPS-2 game.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

I've been hoping to see Prince of Persia ported and released on Switch - the OG Prince of Persia from 1989. Other notable cinematic platformers like Another World and Flashback are already available (and have nice physical releases as well), so it'd be great to have the first (and still the best) one as well. Throw in some cool extras like being able to switch between original white pyjamas/turban and vest -graphics, maybe even include Prince of Persia 2 and Karateka while at it. Physical release could have Mechner's "Making of" books for PoP (and Karateka) included, those are really good reads.

With the original Apple II source code and even technical documents available thanks to Mechner himself, it'd certainly be possible, but at the same time, I can see publishers thinking nobody would bother buying the release exactly because this stuff is freely available on the Internet already.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

samsonlonghair wrote:Some cool arcade games that never got proper console ports. The Alien Vs Predator Beat 'em Up comes to mind. I think that was a Capcom CPS-2 game.

+1 !

More fun beat'em ups would be so much fun! If Ninja Baseball Batman came onto Switch that'd be a day 1 purchase for me :lol:

I'd also love to see Paper Mario Color Splash come to the Switch. That game is great, and it really deserves a bigger audience.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
I don't have a Switch yet, but this would definitely make me finally jump in and buy one.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage