I got a free Nintendo 64 today

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: I got a free Nintendo 64 today

Post by noiseredux »

Jagosaurus wrote: Is this the same as the version on Rare Replay?

It is. When you pop in RR, the disc downloads all the single games sort of like a BC 360 game does. Only all the really old stuff on there that wasn't released separately are actually part of the 'compilation' portion of the disc itself.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote: Is this the same as the version on Rare Replay?

It is. When you pop in RR, the disc downloads all the single games sort of like a BC 360 game does. Only all the really old stuff on there that wasn't released separately are actually part of the 'compilation' portion of the disc itself.

So if I get RR & go to My Games, it'll show BK individually? That's kind of nice to be able to jump right in. So it adds 20+ games & icons in that fashion lol?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it adds one icon for RR, which is all the bundled games, but then separate icons for the standalone games like Banjo and Perfect Dark, etc. Yeah. It's a little messy on the dashboard in my opinion.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

noiseredux wrote:it adds one icon for RR, which is all the bundled games, but then separate icons for the standalone games like Banjo and Perfect Dark, etc. Yeah. It's a little messy on the dashboard in my opinion.

Hmmm... interesting. My OCD doesn't like it :lol:

Happy to see each game get a good amount of unique achievements though. These seem like an afterthought in most collections/compilations.

I may have to pick up RR & Doom 64 (come March) thanks to this N64 thread. Thanks man.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5