I got a free Nintendo 64 today

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: I got a free Nintendo 64 today

Post by JoeAwesome »

Jagosaurus wrote:I bet I played 100s of hours of WCW vs NWO Revenge as a kiddo on my N64.

We're playing this next time we hang out. I was amazing at counters, and amazed when I found Wrath via Gameshark.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Back in the day on web 1.0, people had theories that Kane was Kevin Nash. :lol:

Don't remind me of Isaac Yankem.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Xeogred wrote:Back in the day on web 1.0, people had theories that Kane was Kevin Nash. :lol:

Don't remind me of Isaac Yankem.

Would you rather I remind you of Glenn Jacobs as Diesel? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

JoeAwesome wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:I bet I played 100s of hours of WCW vs NWO Revenge as a kiddo on my N64.

We're playing this next time we hang out. I was amazing at counters, and amazed when I found Wrath via Gameshark.

Aren't most of the unlockable characters really NJPW guys (maybe Mexico?) renamed due to licensing?

I'll be terrible now, but I would win our neighborhood tournament 20 years ago LOL. I'm in.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Not quite. IIRC, there were two factions who were redrawn and renamed based on wrestlers mostly based in Japan (not just NJPW), but these were available from the start. Those unlocked included Piper, Meng, Barbarian... and I forget the rest. But Wrath was GS only.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

That's it! They're seemingly randoms but makes more sense when you realize the WCW Japan links back then... just dudes renamed.

I remember being disappointed unlocking Meng :? ... no Flair to be seen in the game :lol:.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I managed to get an Expansion Pak with Christmas gift cards. I installed it today - and cut my finger pretty good on some broken plastic around the slot. I guess if I'd been smart I would have used some kind of tool to pry out the old Jumper Pak. Oh well. Anyway, now I'll be able to play Perfect Dark!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

noiseredux wrote:I managed to get an Expansion Pak with Christmas gift cards. I installed it today - and cut my finger pretty good on some broken plastic around the slot. I guess if I'd been smart I would have used some kind of tool to pry out the old Jumper Pak. Oh well. Anyway, now I'll be able to play Perfect Dark!

Congrats! It isn't required for many games, but it there's a decent list of games that it adds improvement to!

The Expansion Pak actually came packaged with a little plastic tool used to pry out the Jumper Pak. I still have mine from when I got Donkey Kong 64 the Christmas it came out!

JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

You can also remove the paks with a spoon. At least, that's what I've used per a magazine's recommendation :lol: .
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Noticing there's 10 or so N64 games on XB1 available in some form. How did Banjo Kazooie age? My kids like 3D platformers & I find the collecting pretty mindlessly relaxing. Was thinking of buying the refreshed a la carte version. Is this the same as the version on Rare Replay?

Also... really excited to see DOOM 64 have upcoming release dates. About time!