Best HDMI NES?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Best HDMI NES?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

:mrgreen:

The great advancements in RA's CRT shaders and input lag is what made me decide to just emulate. Been doing it off and on for years, but i think with this last CRT dying it's time to put my non HDMI consoles on the self :/ heh
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNEy0_JwOs

DerKoun made a mod for bsnes that renders mode 7 layers at 4x the original resolution, and it makes playing games that heavily use mode 7 much more of a pleasure in HD. I've heard that this mod will be incorporated into the official build of bsnes (it might have already been at the time of this posting).
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

That's pretty cool but i prefer shaders that make games look closer to high end CRTs.

I use easymode the most.. It isn't my favorite, but its the best one that is also fairly light on resources (IMO)

Looks best if viewed full size
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

If don't mind me asking, where did you get it and pricing range?

I saved a few PCs from work for this over the years for this but they got surpassed quickly. I am always eyeing refurb small machines on PC Liquidations. The Windows OS license is also a barrier for me on an emu box versus Android or Linux.

What were you looking for on video out? Such as display port, DVI, HDMI?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Jagosaurus wrote:If don't mind me asking, where did you get it and pricing range?

I saved a few PCs from work for this over the years for this but they got surpassed quickly. I am always eyeing refurb small machines on PC Liquidations. The Windows OS license is also a barrier for me on an emu box versus Android or Linux.

What were you looking for on video out? Such as display port, DVI, HDMI?

eBay when i am looking for something specific. In this case it was a tiny/micro PC with an Intel GPU HD 630/UHD 630. Only one, within my price range, that can handle Dolphin "well." Lower ones can do it but i wanted some headroom. I didn't want to buy something big enough to put a half height GPU in. Here's a 4570T doing some gamecube on its iGPU https://youtu.be/mblABT4eOfI

I just troll eBay for weeks until i find one at the price i want to pay from a seller with good feedback. I just saved a few searches (of all the lower power cpus that had those GPUs) and .. searched em .. 3 or 4 time a day.. and never gave up! lol

I doubt your PCs are "surpassed." People often think they are, but more often than not, they are wrong. Even a 2nd Gen i5/7 can be quite useful. Heck i used an e8400 dual core as my main PC up until about 3 years ago! My current "gaming" PC is still a 6600k. Both of my HTPCs are i5-3570S' with no GPUs. The 3570S is quite a capable CPU that can handle 1080p HEVC and any emulation up to n64/PS1 (with some light CRT shaders). I've even played light Wii (NSMB at 1x res) and a few PS2 games on them (Metal Slug 6). Any everyday task is just as snappy as my 6600K.

I was looking for either DP or HDMI.. The one i got has both :)

It only has a 128GB M2 SSD so i am probably going to add a $40CAD 2.5in SSD just for ROMs/ISOs.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I saw in the MISTer thread that you bought yourself a micro form factor PC. What model did you get? Can we see some pics? I like those little PCs a lot.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

... I did that on the previous page ... and you responded to it ... lol

The pic isn't of mine (as it was in the mail at the time). I can take pics if you like.. but it looks exactly like the one i posted at the end of page 1.