The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

Post by Reprise »

Xeogred wrote:Do you need the online subscription to play other peoples levels?

I think so :(
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah, I'm not surprised... well this reminded me to finally take advantage of that Twitch Prime offer, so I have 3 months for free for now! Might pickup Mario Maker 2 tomorrow or soon. 8)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I havent had the chance to give a proper amount of time to this game yet, but from doodling around for a few minutes, playing with a controller (oppose to a stylus) is exactly what I expected. It works, but it's far from ideal. The Wii U gamepad spoiled me.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I have an online subscription :) ....but my copy is still in the mail :(

Soon, though.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ziggy587 wrote:I havent had the chance to give a proper amount of time to this game yet, but from doodling around for a few minutes, playing with a controller (oppose to a stylus) is exactly what I expected. It works, but it's far from ideal. The Wii U gamepad spoiled me.

Indeed. It is really difficult to adapt to. Also I'm really struggling to come up with interesting ideas this time :(

Edit: Also, how the hell do you even get your levels noticed? Even before the thread here last time, I still got a few people playing, beating and liking my levels. This time, I've uploaded one level and after a few days I still haven't had a single person even play it.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Did my first warm-up course to get back in the groove: QW1-PYV-54G
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

MVH-QD2-MDG

I put this level together over 5 hours trying to make it hard but not impossible.

My biggest problem with this game is so many people aren't making levels in the spirit of Mario. They're puzzles, they're Super Meat Boy Levels, they're Cell phone speed run games, They're hard for the sake of hard.

I'm just making levels I feel would have been in Mario games in the past. I've made about 5 the one I'm sharing here was the second one I did and it's by far my favorite. Very much in the spirit of an old school Mario level.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Dikdikvandik wrote:My biggest problem with this game is so many people aren't making levels in the spirit of Mario. They're puzzles, they're Super Meat Boy Levels, they're Cell phone speed run games, They're hard for the sake of hard.

I'm just making levels I feel would have been in Mario games in the past. I've made about 5 the one I'm sharing here was the second one I did and it's by far my favorite. Very much in the spirit of an old school Mario level.

Yeah, that was my gripe with the first one, too. No one would star your level if it was "just" a traditional Mario design.

Those are the types of levels I like to make as well. At least we've got this community to share our levels with. I'll edit the first post to add everyone's level codes (which, by the way, are thankfully shorter this time around). I'm just finishing up another game first, then I'm gonna dive right into this.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, the first few levels I tried to play were just puzzle solving levels. Those are not my thing and I don't really enjoy them much.

I just like to play (and make) levels that I feel maintain the feeling of a Mario game.

I'll check out some of you guys' levels in a bit.

Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Dikdikvandik wrote:My biggest problem with this game is so many people aren't making levels in the spirit of Mario. They're puzzles, they're Super Meat Boy Levels, they're Cell phone speed run games, They're hard for the sake of hard.

Yeah, that was my gripe with the first one, too. No one would star your level if it was "just" a traditional Mario design.

Those are the types of levels I like to make as well. At least we've got this community to share our levels with. I'll edit the first post to add everyone's level codes (which, by the way, are thankfully shorter this time around). I'm just finishing up another game first, then I'm gonna dive right into this.

I've been getting decent feed back. People like that my Levels are hard but not impossible. I did tweak a level based on feedback.

Wish Capcom and Sega would get on this train. I want to make some Mega Man and Sonic levels.