Dr. Mario games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Dr. Mario games?

Post by Xeogred »

Huge fan of the NES original and the cool one with Tetris on the SNES.

Any later entries worth checking out? I know there's a couple on the eshop for the 3DS. Not sure about the Switch.
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: Dr. Mario games?

Post by Markies »

Love me some Dr. Mario. Somewhere in my Top 10 favorite games and the one game I think I am better than everybody at.

I haven't checked out any of the downloadable titles however.

However, Dr. Mario 64 is utterly fantastic. Great music, unlockable characters, story mode, challenging gameplay. But, best of all, 4 player Dr. Mario Madness. I spent many of nights playing that with four people. One of my best memories was being down 0-2-2-2 and then coming back to win it all while I was 10 levels ahead of everybody else.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I played through Popoitto Hebereke on the Saturn, at the end of the year, and in doing so realized that it's basically just Dr. Mario with Hebereke (Ufouria) characters. So, I would probably recommend that game to Dr. Mario fans. I don't really like Dr. Mario, in general, but I did kind of enjoy Popoitto Hebereke. Part of that might have just been the characters and aesthetics, but--. It's a pretty bare bones game, as well, with just a simple story mode for one-player, and a versus mode. I liked it, anyway. It's also on the SNES, and maybe the PS1, as well.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Highly recommend the Nintendo Puzzle Collection on the Gamecube:

It is Yoshi, Dr Mario, and Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack), in one game. Easily the best looking version of each with Dr Mario being one of the best versions of the title. It is Dr Mario 64 with better graphics.