NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Dr. Mario games?

by Xeogred Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Huge fan of the NES original and the cool one with Tetris on the SNES.

Any later entries worth checking out? I know there's a couple on the eshop for the 3DS. Not sure about the Switch.
Markies
128-bit

Re: Dr. Mario games?

by Markies Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Love me some Dr. Mario. Somewhere in my Top 10 favorite games and the one game I think I am better than everybody at.

I haven't checked out any of the downloadable titles however.

However, Dr. Mario 64 is utterly fantastic. Great music, unlockable characters, story mode, challenging gameplay. But, best of all, 4 player Dr. Mario Madness. I spent many of nights playing that with four people. One of my best memories was being down 0-2-2-2 and then coming back to win it all while I was 10 levels ahead of everybody else.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Dr. Mario games?

by pierrot Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 am

I played through Popoitto Hebereke on the Saturn, at the end of the year, and in doing so realized that it's basically just Dr. Mario with Hebereke (Ufouria) characters. So, I would probably recommend that game to Dr. Mario fans. I don't really like Dr. Mario, in general, but I did kind of enjoy Popoitto Hebereke. Part of that might have just been the characters and aesthetics, but--. It's a pretty bare bones game, as well, with just a simple story mode for one-player, and a versus mode. I liked it, anyway. It's also on the SNES, and maybe the PS1, as well.
Return to Nintendo