SuperNT Save States?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

SuperNT Save States?

Post by racketboy »

Any SuperNT owners out there that known there’s Save State functionality on the jailbrake firmware?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: SuperNT Save States?

Post by Jmustang1968 »

racketboy wrote:Any SuperNT owners out there that known there’s Save State functionality on the jailbrake firmware?

From what I know, it doesn't
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

If you have a SD2SNES, save states now working:

http://retrorgb.com/sd2snes-gets-savestates.html

Cart works on NT.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Jagosaurus wrote:If you have a SD2SNES, save states now working:

http://retrorgb.com/sd2snes-gets-savestates.html

Cart works on NT.

There's newer info yet. That should be run into the primary firmware build, but more importantly redguy seems to be stepping up yet again as the person who had been working on it either flaked out or got stuck, but SDD1 looks to be nearly cracked and it's up to a fishing for stability point. I keep up with the freshest info as I got awhile back invited into a discord chat that has all these developers for FPGA (kevtris, redguy etc) and other style programs and things hanging out in that general space. I think it was yesterday or the day before screen caps of SFA2 and Star Ocean were showed working on a SD2SNES.

Maybe it'll get dropped as a Christmas gift, or something, no idea here, just speculating. When that hits, given the SPC7110 special chip is added, the SD2SNES is basically finished because the only other games that don't work are a pair of Shogi titles using each a more advanced special chip for AI routines than the first and the space they consume is more than the FPGA has, so they're just not happening. SPC7110+ SDD1 means full SNES/SFC support I believe minus those 2 games which makes 2018 a remarkable year for SNES kit play.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I never left retro gaming... really just never stopped playing NES & DC :lol: but I got into "the community" about 6 years ago. Collecting has gone way downhill since, but man... there have been some amazing progressions in modern hardware, flash carts, ODEs, & emulation. Fun time to be in it. The programming/ hardware community continues to amaze me.

@Nick, the SD2SNES keeps getting better!

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Undeniable there. I never thought I'd go kit crazy, but I guess it has been mostly just this year alone I got all of them I'd need but one (N64, can't justify it.) ED=GB, GBA, N8, and today PCE, RetroHQ=NGPC Kit, and SD2SNES too. Every system I have is now been kitted other than the Gamecube as I'm not tearing that up. And as it is, PCE aside due to lack of a solution really, all my systems have gone HDMI too.

The save states and SDD1 I can't wait to see that progress roll out. I'll have to stick to discord a bit more and see what shakes out as things are ticking along now that images and gameplay stills are being shown.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I guess its just a tough sell for an Everdrive / SD2SNES if I already have a SuperNT -- high price to pay just to have save states?
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I wouldn't bother with any CGN specific mods when the Wii can easily run Gamecube digital ISOs (with a cheaper component option).

racketboy wrote:I guess its just a tough sell for an Everdrive / SD2SNES if I already have a SuperNT -- high price to pay just to have save states?

These days, with kiddos, save states are near must for me due to time. I was a single run & save battery purist... then kids came :lol:

Retron 5 & Retro Freak are the only systems I'm aware of that supports save states on the system itself for real carts.

racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Jagosaurus wrote:I wouldn't bother with any CGN specific mods when the Wii can easily run Gamecube digital ISOs (with a cheaper component option).

racketboy wrote:I guess its just a tough sell for an Everdrive / SD2SNES if I already have a SuperNT -- high price to pay just to have save states?

These days, with kiddos, save states are near must for me due to time. I was a single run & save battery purist... then kids came :lol:

Retron 5 & Retro Freak are the only systems I'm aware of that supports save states on the system itself for real carts.

For carts that makes sense. But with the SuperNT letting you play ROMs off an SD card (and so many other great settings) I was hoping for more.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I was reading there would be stability issues if they even got save states working. Save states are one advantage of emulation.