Recommendations for N64 memory pak and Controllers

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Recommendations for N64 memory pak and Controllers

Post by Tanooki »

A little loose is normal, just not sloppy enough that you need to hold it up or causes some kind of drift or lack of full movement when all the way over. They all wiggle just a little even new. It was a somewhat flawed design with the plastic internals inside given the abuse Mario Party putting so many to death.

That modern controller seems interesting though.
Nert
8-bit

Post by Nert »

I've got this Hori Mini Pad and it is fantastic. A bit spendy but if you want to play N64 with a good controller, there ya go.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Minipads have Gamecube style sticks so they make FPS games a bit more twitchy. The closest I have found to the original feeling is Repairbox's:
https://www.amazon.com/RepairBox-Replac ... B00ANGDCDS

Ten years ago I replaced my original sticks with the Chinese replacements and when they wore out I bought one of these and ended up liking it more than the Chinese replacements. So when I get back in the n64 mood I will probably buy three more.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

Nice! I had not seen those.

The Retro fighter has a turbo, so while I want one, I don't be able to use it for Speedrunning as the Perfect Dark guys consider that a TAS, so still on the look out for an answer.