A fond farewell to the Wii Shop Channel

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: A fond farewell to the Wii Shop Channel

Post by Sarge »

In retrospect, it might have made more sense to snag it there. Oh well. I was vaguely aware it was on there. I'll look and see how much the "upgrade" runs.

Oh, wait, can't do that without transferring to Wii U. Never mind!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I finally got my 2GB SD card and it seems I got a faulty one, at least I'm HOPING that's what the problem is. The Wii Shop won't let me download games onto it and when I try to move something I get a message that "the data may not have been moved." The one I bought from a third-party Amazon seller as "new" is CLEARLY used, so I'm sending it back and ordering a new one from a photography store I sometimes use.

If this ends up being something wrong with the SD card SLOT, I'm in trouble... but at least the Wii recognizes the card as being there and full of space, so that's something? Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem before?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I'm glad I remembered to get on and add more money this morning, because you currently can't anymore. Sad times :(

Anyway, so far I've picked up the following:

Contra Rebirth
Castlevania Rebirth
DoReMi Fantasy
Princess Tomato
JJ and Jeff

I've got 7000 points remaining and am still considering the following:

Ghoul Patrol
Super Bonk
Bio Miracle
Lostwinds
You, Me & the Cubes

There were a couple other games I was looking at (the Ogre Battles, Blue's Journey, Harvest Moon, etc.) but they're available on Wii U and/or Switch (at least right now), so I'm trying to focus on other things like WiiWare. Thought about the Art Style games, but I'm not sure how I feel about those.

I've got time, but anyone have any ideas or wanna talk me outa something?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Is Bio-Miracle Bokutte Upa available digitally anywhere else? I don't think so, so I'd grab it now. It's fun. Getting it physically is tough -- the cart version is very expensive and I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you don't have a Famicom Disk System.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

With my kids newfound love for Bomberman I logged on and got Bomberman Blast and Bomberman '93 for them at the last minute.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Just a bump as a reminder - if anyone has any points left on the Wii Shop Channel to spend, this month is the last chance to use them - the shop closes down near the end of January.

I still have a couple thousand to use myself, so now I just need to decide what to spend them on...
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

alienjesus wrote:Just a bump as a reminder - if anyone has any points left on the Wii Shop Channel to spend, this month is the last chance to use them - the shop closes down near the end of January...

Just checked, and the shop itself has a notice that it closes Jan. 30. So if anyone has anything left, you've only got a couple days left to spend it.