Updated Rare and Valuable NES Guide - Crazy Increases!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Updated Rare and Valuable NES Guide - Crazy Increases!

Post by Sarge »

Well, since I do own some of them... I'm not at the point where I want to sell yet. Not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but I think the joy of owning them overrides the money I'd get from selling them. However, if my finances were more considerably constrained, they'd probably be one of the first things to go. I wouldn't be happy about it, but paying bills and meeting responsibilities comes first.

Now, if I owned a NWC cart? Or Stadium Events? I'd take pictures to prove I owned it at one point, but I'd sell that puppy in a heartbeat. When you're talking tens of thousands as opposed to hundreds, there's just so much that I could buy that I want for that kind of cash that it would totally be worth selling them.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Thanks for updating the guide, Racketboy.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

The update looks good, racket.

The price increases make me weep, but the update looks good.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

racketboy wrote:OK, let me ask this: if you had any of the top 20 or 30 on this list, are there any you wouldn't sell at premium prices?

I have on your list:
Duck Tales 2
Mighty Final Fight
Bomberman II

And the below stuff (rare/affordable)
Ms Pac-Man
Megaman 5
Gargoyle's Quest II
Tengen Tetris

I've retained those despite the value they have because I liked them too much. There are a few I cashed out on, but I swapped them for Famicom versions: Bonk and Panic Restaurant. And then on a pirate modern multicart I retained: Bubble Bobble 2, Gun-Nac, TMNT TF, Contra Force, Bucky O Hare. That same pirate has some even more costly stuff too like Little Samson.

Between the famicom carts and the bootleg multicart I have (super games 500in1) I'm happy. A couple years back Bonk, BB2, Wild Guns(SNES) alone netter me $950+ towards the pinball machine I own, and other 7 moderate value games covered the rest. I have no regrets other than there are some games I probably would sell if they weren't expensive to get back if I wanted them later on NES and SNES too.
yaktaur
8-bit

Post by yaktaur »

I've got a copy of The Flintstones: Surprise at Dino Peak (loose, and the lable has sun-fading :( ) that I got from a game trader back in the 90s.

It's actually a decent game, but man I can't believe it's so expensive. Would love to sell it but I have it over here in the UK and it's an NTSC game so nobody could play it unless they have a modded NES/Retron-5 type.