Wii shop channel closing down

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Wii shop channel closing down

Post by CRTGAMER »

Xeogred wrote:Digital Failure again!

Always wanted to scoop up a bunch of the TG16 games... and there was a lot of Sega or third party SNES stuff on there too compared to the Wii U shop.

And you wonder why we emulate. :roll:

Agree 100%. At minimum, download all the free Demos for each of your Wii consoles while still available. All will fit on a 2gb SD card, but even the demos are locked to each console. No issue, just have at least a 2gb SD card for each console. As far as the purchased download Wii games, unfortunately will be only for one console, even if moved to the WiiU.

I went thru the Wii Shop last night, no new demos and some have already been removed! Have a selection of purchased games on one Wii console from Club Nintendo points a few years ago. Unlike my disc games which can be played on any of my Wii consoles, the downloads stuck to just that one console.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Even after you can no longer purchase points through the Wii Shop Channel, you might still be able to find physical point cards on eBay and the like.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The phrasing I read was that you 'wouldn't be able to add Wii Points' so for now I'm going to assume points cards will stop working too.
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Well this is lame. What if Valve announced that Steam was migrating to something else and you'd have to start your game library over from scratch?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Anayo wrote:What if Valve announced that Steam was migrating to something else and you'd have to start your game library over from scratch?

Perhaps then everyone would start using GOG instead, as they should already be doing.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

HOT DAMN, I need to get Gradius Rebirth and Contra Rebirth (already got Castlevania). Glad I remembered those, I don't think they're available anywhere else. Nintendo erasing history.

Can you guys think of other Wiiware exclusives?
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Star Soldier R is pretty rockin' if you like shmups. I also personally liked Kyotokei a lot. Oh, and FAST Racing League.

Not exclusives, but Mega Man 9 and 10, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood are certainly worth getting.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah that's how I finally played Rondo. Isn't this the only way to officially get Rondo of Blood outside of Japan? I think the PSP version was a weird remake or something?

Same deal with those shmups?

I guess that's the better question, what is available on the VC and Wiiware that's exclusive or never got any other releases outside of Japan.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Xeogred wrote:Yeah that's how I finally played Rondo. Isn't this the only way to officially get Rondo of Blood outside of Japan? I think the PSP version was a weird remake or something?

It's a 2.5D remake, but includes the PCE CD original as an unlockable, similar to how it also includes Symphony of the Night. It also includes the Akoumajou Dracula Peke game to unlock, though I think that one takes a bit more effort.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The PCE emulation on the Wii VC was pretty good. That's a very fine way to play Rondo.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.