Wii shop channel closing down

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Wii shop channel closing down

Post by fastbilly1 »

It made it 10 years, that is quite commendable.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

isiolia wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Yeah that's how I finally played Rondo. Isn't this the only way to officially get Rondo of Blood outside of Japan? I think the PSP version was a weird remake or something?

It's a 2.5D remake, but includes the PCE CD original as an unlockable, similar to how it also includes Symphony of the Night. It also includes the Akoumajou Dracula Peke game to unlock, though I think that one takes a bit more effort.

Not only does it include the original PCE version of Rondo, but it's the only officially translated version of the game. It's just a shame it's only on the PSP. I was more than happy to purchase the game again on the VC, even though it is the original Japanese version, just for the better resolution.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Illicit as it may be, is there any effort being made online to preserve these titles? Is it simply a case of ripping them as one would have done with Roms or is there something more complicated stopping digital archiving of titles that will otherwise turn to vapour?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:Man there are a lot of WiiWare games. There's at least 330 in the USA region alone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... th_America)

I recommend:

Alien Crush Returns
Blaster Master: Overdrive
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Contra ReBirth
Dive: The Medes Islands Secret (my most favorite WiiWare game)
FAST Racing League
Jett Rocket
La-Mulana
LostWinds
LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Muscle March
Star Soldier R
Stonekeep: Bones of the Ancestors

Good list here.

I just grabbed the other Konami Rebirth titles I wanted for now. Blaster Master Overdrive is tempting, but it really doesn't look nor ever sounded that good. Has that ugly Flash look too. Plus we have Zero... but I don't think it's available anywhere else right now.

How is Neo Geo emulation? Maybe that will be a list to pay attention to here before the shop closes.

Some N64 titles are a little tempting too, if they are better than cart prices. I wonder if I can delete Yoshi's Story though, that's the random one I grabbed to try out again and totally regretted it. :roll:

One thing is for certain... I won't miss navigating this piece of junk store. Pretty sure my crappy yellow family computer back in the 90's running Win95 AOL dial up was more functional.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Are we in the digital apocalypse?

I spent the last few days scrambling to grab Xbox Live Indie games and now I have this to look forward too as well

At least with this I have until January so that's something I guess.

I hate the digital age :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x