How is your N64 gaming going?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
MrPopo

Re: How is your N64 gaming going?

Post by MrPopo »

It's missing a handle.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Anyone have a crash course on N64 emulation? Is Project64 the best emulator?

This thread really sparked some fire and has had me thinking about the N64 a lot lately, would love to revisit some old games I once owned and check out ones I was never able to rent or get to.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I still think Project64 would be the best when you fine tune things but I've read some really swear by some variant of MUPEN. I've stuck with PJ64 as I've not been able to back that up trying it myself, but maybe on specific titles it is.

I'm still thinking that really quirky CIC that Indiana Jones and Battle for Naboo uses doesn't work right either as I've not seen a story about how those fire up and play 100% (or near that) still which is kind of sad. I know that Mupen is of the two the only android based one so maybe the Android version is better off than PC or people just make due but I've heard it runs fantastic on a tablet, phone, micro console.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Xeogred wrote:Anyone have a crash course on N64 emulation? Is Project64 the best emulator?

It certainly was about 8 years ago when I last used it. It was incredible back then and I can't imagine how it could be bettered. Mupen was no where near as good back then, but I have no idea about nowadays.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Reprise wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Anyone have a crash course on N64 emulation? Is Project64 the best emulator?

It certainly was about 8 years ago when I last used it. It was incredible back then and I can't imagine how it could be bettered. Mupen was no where near as good back then, but I have no idea about nowadays.

There was also 1964, which was good. But like you, it's been the better part of a decade since using either.