SNES Classic coming September 29th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Balasubbie
128-bit

Re: SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by Balasubbie »

Seem plentiful. Seen a quite few lined out in the local chain of trade-in shops. Granted, CeX are charging 140e/$173 for the privilege of owning a 2nd hand one, so maybe they're just not shifting.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Balasubbie wrote:Seem plentiful. Seen a quite few lined out in the local chain of trade-in shops. Granted, CeX are charging 140e/$173 for the privilege of owning a 2nd hand one, so maybe they're just not shifting.

In the Netherlands they come back into stock from time to time (and in Greece they were in stock everywhere, but that's also because Nintendo was never big in the country), so it seems they are considering this a normal product, and not a limited edition. I'm guessing that it probably has lower priority than the Switch for them so they probably don't want to commit production and logistic resources into it.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I have a local Best Buy close to my job in New Jersey which had a stock of about six or seven of them. They do have a one per customer restriction on it though.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

casterofdreams wrote:I have a local Best Buy close to my job in New Jersey which had a stock of about six or seven of them. They do have a one per customer restriction on it though.

As well they should! If not for the one-per-customer rule, regular old consumers would never have a shot to buy one. We would be constantly overwhelmed by the tide of speculators.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I wish amazon actually implemented something like this with some of Nintendo's limited releases. I still feel burned I missed out on Fir Emblem Fates limited edition when it was sold out in minutes as the scaplers bought them all.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

ZeroAX wrote:
Balasubbie wrote:Seem plentiful. Seen a quite few lined out in the local chain of trade-in shops. Granted, CeX are charging 140e/$173 for the privilege of owning a 2nd hand one, so maybe they're just not shifting.

In the Netherlands they come back into stock from time to time (and in Greece they were in stock everywhere, but that's also because Nintendo was never big in the country), so it seems they are considering this a normal product, and not a limited edition. I'm guessing that it probably has lower priority than the Switch for them so they probably don't want to commit production and logistic resources into it.

That's interesting about Greece ... were the Master System and Genesis the bigger systems over there? Or were mostly people into PC gaming at the time?

I've been playing a lotta Earthbound on the system lately, it's my first play through of the game ... I'm pretty far into it. Just got the Sword of Kings for Poo, and defeated Starman boss.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

casterofdreams wrote:I wish amazon actually implemented something like this with some of Nintendo's limited releases. I still feel burned I missed out on Fir Emblem Fates limited edition when it was sold out in minutes as the scaplers bought them all.

Off topic, but dope to see another New Yorker in the forum!
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Note wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:I wish amazon actually implemented something like this with some of Nintendo's limited releases. I still feel burned I missed out on Fir Emblem Fates limited edition when it was sold out in minutes as the scaplers bought them all.

Off topic, but dope to see another New Yorker in the forum!

New York represent!!!

I went to another Best Buy this weekend close on my home and they had eight or nine of them behind the counter. Funny seeing theses and the Switch next to each other. The top two Nintendo things that were sold out for awhile all stocked up a couple months later.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It's funny because Amazon is still perpetually out, but stores now occasionally have them. What it means is that the wanne-be scalpers are all lazy fucks ;)
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Don't think the profit margins are high enough this time around.