SNES Classic coming September 29th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: SNES Classic coming September 29th

Post by fastbilly1 »

Nintendo has stated they will be releasing them until the end of this year. The NES classic comes back this Summer.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Is that something new? I don't remember it being promised the entire year, just well into it, perhaps overlapping with the NES unit which you know they'll pump out in large numbers to middle finger the scalpers through Christmas.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Have you played earthbound before? I beat it for the first time very recently and absolutely loved it. I tried once before and just couldn't get into it, but definitely is one of my favorite games on the system.

Only played a few hours on a ROM before, didn't have the physical release back when it came out.

Just finished the part with Frank at the arcade ... at first I wished the battle screens had more going on in them, but overall I'm into it. Definitely gonna spend a chunk of the weekend going through it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Note wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Have you played earthbound before? I beat it for the first time very recently and absolutely loved it. I tried once before and just couldn't get into it, but definitely is one of my favorite games on the system.

Only played a few hours on a ROM before, didn't have the physical release back when it came out.

Just finished the part with Frank at the arcade ... at first I wished the battle screens had more going on in them, but overall I'm into it. Definitely gonna spend a chunk of the weekend going through it.

My one recommendation is use the manual. It offers crucial information about the more cryptic items.. or at least use a guide on the items you are like, "What does this do!?" You will get a lot of that and it will reward you for sure!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:My one recommendation is use the manual. It offers crucial information about the more cryptic items.. or at least use a guide on the items you are like, "What does this do!?" You will get a lot of that and it will reward you for sure!

Good looks on the advice -- it's definitely going to take me some time to learn the items and other nuances in the game. Using a guide from this website Thonky ... they only have a few RPG's on there but I also used their guide to help get through Secret of Mana.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Did Nintendo release official controllers to buy individually?
I haven't seen any and figured they didn't since the system comes with two. I ask since softmodded Wiis only works with licenced controllers not 3rd party ones.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

SpaceBooger wrote:I ask since softmodded Wiis only works with licenced controllers not 3rd party ones.

I did not know this. Shoot. :(
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

samsonlonghair wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:I ask since softmodded Wiis only works with licenced controllers not 3rd party ones.

I did not know this. Shoot. :(

VC games and Discs work, but any program that starts through the homebrew channel (usbloader, emulators, etc) will crash and not start. I have found a workaround for disc games loaded through usbloader - if you load the game first them plug in the controller it will work. That method does not work for the emulators though.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Note wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:My one recommendation is use the manual. It offers crucial information about the more cryptic items.. or at least use a guide on the items you are like, "What does this do!?" You will get a lot of that and it will reward you for sure!

Good looks on the advice -- it's definitely going to take me some time to learn the items and other nuances in the game. Using a guide from this website Thonky ... they only have a few RPG's on there but I also used their guide to help get through Secret of Mana.

Not sure if you know but Nintendo actually uploaded a scanned version of the official Player's Guide.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clvs/manuals ... -SAAJE.pdf

I've been printing and binding a lot of these online manuals in mini book size! They look awesome.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

The way Earthbound is setup that guide is a real life saver which I'm sure is why it came with the original cart instead of just a manual. I'm glad I've had that guide for years now but there's no denying that PDF is a lifesaver (and wallet too.)

For SOM I own this one too, but pop this into google: Secret Of Mana Official Strategy Players Guide pdf
First link should be on emuparadise, a very VERY helpful nicely made Prima guide for the SNES original (not remasters.)