NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Metroid Prime 4 & Metroid: Samus Returns Discussion

Post by Xeogred »

Absolutely thread worthy.

33 minutes of Samus Returns footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7XWBtDAqk

Looks great, but not going to lie, AM2R is probably a lot better haha. At least the takedown on that makes more sense now... but everyone reading this thread, you cannot ignore AM2R. It is extremely good, if not better than some of the official titles even.

As for Metroid Prime 4, all we got so far is a title teaser and that Prime trilogy producer Kensuke Tanabe is on board. Let us hope that Yoshio Sakamoto is no longer attached, as he has clearly gone bananas with the writing/story of Other M.

It sounds like Nintendo has put together a new in house team for this, which I'm not sure how I feel about. Does it need to be Retro again? Maybe not, but this feels like one case where Metroid was kind of made for a more Westernized vision. Who knows though.

I thought of this idea today, but I don't think it will happen now... but imagine... Metroid Prime 4 presented by FROM SOFTWARE. Can you think of a more perfect combo? No, you cannot. The masters of the Metroidvania formula themselves, architecture art direction and level design, subtly in sparse cryptic storytelling, and drowning their games in dark atmosphere... a From Software Metroid game would be the greatest thing ever made. I was also thinking maybe it could have been Platinum, but yeah. Either way, I hope that Nintendo has truly been listening these past several years and knows what the fans want and after Breath of the Wild, I have faith they can make a strong comeback here if they take Metroid seriously again.

I'm not sure what I want scenario/story wise and where you even go after Prime 3, but we will get there when we get there. For now... I'm just grinning ear to ear that METROID IS BACK.
MrPopo

Re: Metroid Prime 4 & Metroid: Samus Returns Discussion

Post by MrPopo »

"WHAT WORLD AM I LIVING IN?? 2 METROIDS AT E3??"

"You're living in 2002."

"Awesome, I'm going to go get some Pepsi Blue."
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I love Metroid. I just hope MP4 is open space like Elite Dangerous or something. Maybe only have 4 main planets a few small moons to explore on the side. 1 main space station or Federation ship. Not saying this becaue BotW. I been wanting a game like this from Metroid since 3.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Xeogred wrote:This is complete bull.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/31/me ... nd-amiibo/

I wouldn't care really if you could optionally just pay a DLC fee to unlock it for people who don't give a crap about Amiibos.

It's like Nintendo sits around trying to figure out ways to keep me from giving them more money. They're professionals at it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

You can pay less than a dollar for an NTAG215 sticker and make your own, I guess.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Samus Returns is getting excellent reviews.

I for one don't mind that stylistically it looks similar to Other M, I thought that one had a cool look at least. Sakamoto might be getting his redemption here. All the footage is a little smudgy but that's probably just upscaling from a handheld, it probably looks much better in person. I'm ready to finally get a 3DS soon, but some people speculate it might come to the Switch eventually. What do you guys think?

Also stumbled up Super Metroid Randomizer recently. I'm not sure how it works with roms/emulators, but it's a program that changes up item placement in the game. Supposedly works so that you won't find yourself stuck in impossible scenarios too. But yeah, this seems really cool if you know the game perfectly as I do by this point. Watching some youtube runs and one guy got Power Bombs right off the bat instead of normal Bombs, so that was interesting as he had to manage that ammo while using Power Bombs where you'd use normal Bombs haha. You probably have to explore the game backwards in spots too depending on what your inventory is. I definitely want to check this out.

http://dessyreqt.github.io/smrandomizer/
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Some people doubted me (not here) when I said Mercury Steam is a capable developer with the right direction. So damn glad this game exists. It's great to finally get a new 3DS game. Been a year. I just fucking LOOOOOOOVE that Metroid is back baby!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

It's going to be a good Friday.