How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

Connected to the TV
38%
As a Portable
21%
A Near-Equal Usage of Both
29%
Still Uncertain
13%

Total votes: 24

mikenac
16-bit

Re: How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

Post by mikenac »

I have been using it through the tv until i had to go out of town mon-tues. i have to say i loved being able to bring it with me however the battery life was kind of dissapointing. i figured id be able to at least play for more than 2 hours before it was almost dead. all in all its awesome, just dont forget to bring a charger lol
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

mikenac wrote:I have been using it through the tv until i had to go out of town mon-tues. i have to say i loved being able to bring it with me however the battery life was kind of dissapointing. i figured id be able to at least play for more than 2 hours before it was almost dead. all in all its awesome, just dont forget to bring a charger lol

The brightness setting and type of game plays heavily into the battery life. Turning the brightness down to 50 percent puts a good 45 minutes to an hour extra into playing zelda. If you are playing an indie game like shovel knight, expect a significant increase to your battery.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I plan to flip mine up and down to turn the lights on or off. Energy conservation is important.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

In portable mode, I'm usually playing before bed, so I've generally turned out the lights. I can jack that brightness down. That said, I'm not putting in three-hour gaming sessions with Zelda at night...

...except for the first night I had it. :lol: Whoops.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I've yet to use it in my hands other than to pop around menus or the eshop, don't really see the point so far.

If I did I'd play with it, probably leave brightness in the middle as too high would probably be wasted unless you had a naturally very dark game that would be made too hard to see some details (perhaps Isaac?)

I undocked it about an hour ago and went to the eshop and tapped my way into Blaster Master and re-docked it for downloading. I'll probably mess with it today, though I do want to pick at Zelda. Zelda is almost an issue, you need 2+hours to really make a dent due to the walking distances being huge. I can deal with 3-5hours on a fri/sat night but not otherwise as nothing else gets done.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Mine has been mostly as a portable as I expected. I only dock it to play if I would be playing in the same room as the dock and TV and no one else is using it so, why not?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.