NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
SpaceBooger

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

by SpaceBooger Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so here's my current sitch: I've got those electric arrows. I'm facing the beast that Zora needs me to kill. But I can't. Because my bows keep breaking. I don't have enough of them. And this brings me to one of my major annoyances with this game. Breakable gear sucks. And I can't just go buy a bow can I? So I'm stuck until I get lucky enough to find some new bows because the ones I have just aren't durable enough. Ugh.

You don't have to kill it if you have electric arrows. You can just meet the sofa prince by the reservoir.

Also, Lynels are really tough. They are easily the toughest enemies in the game. Unless you are really great at dodging and countering, you may want to hold off on it until you have more hearts, better food, and better gear.

Yeah with the Zora armor you ride the prince's back, protect yourself (not using arrows), swim up the waterfalls and use the arrows to hit each of the four shoulders once.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 am

That's the part I'm on but using arrows is the only effect way I've been able to stop those ice blocks which is why the bows break.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 am

The Cryonis rune can also be used to bust up ice blocks.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:16 am

Literally aiming at ice blocks? I hadn't considered that. Thank you!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 am

Like with most problems, learn how to throw bombs at it.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am

bmoc wrote:The Cryonis rune can also be used to bust up ice blocks.

I didn't figure that out until I was facing the boss inside... I used a flame sword for the blocks (timing was off - had to eat twice) and bombs for the navel water mine looking things.

Ok Noise, the boys and I are off this weekend for a cub scout camping trip in PA. I hope to read that you took down this boss by the time I get back. It's fun to be playing this almost along side someone - I would not have picked this back up last week if it wasn't for reading about you playing.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

noiseredux wrote:Literally aiming at ice blocks? I hadn't considered that. Thank you!

Oh, yes, for the love of god, don't waste your arrows on those things. Use Cryonis on the ice blocks. Save yourself the frustration (and the arrows).

If you end up having trouble with the boss, here are some ideas that worked well for me:
First, make sure you eat something that will raise your defense. Depending on where you are heart-wise, you may also want to mix it with something that will give you extra hearts too. You may also want a couple fairies on hand, just in case. Once you open up the dungeon proper, you'll activate a travel point, so you can go and cook/forage before you head inside.

Anyway, on to the boss. The first time I fought him, I tried using arrows to ping him in the head. That failed miserably. I found the easiest way to take him down was to let him attack, then run under him and wail on him with my strongest weapon. The bosses scale in difficulty, so since this is the first one for you (as it was for me), it won't take as much as, say, the last one will.

Once you get him to half health, that will activate Phase 2. Now you'll want to ping him in the head with arrows. You'll also want Cryonis at the ready, because the Ice blocks returnith for this phase and you want to save your precious arrows for his head, not the frigid blocks aimed at yours. Be careful, though. If you run out, you'll have to run around and wail on him again, and that'll likely be a pain.

Good luck.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 am

Michi, it's the water boss I'm on actually. I'm actually good on how to do it, but just couldn't pull it off when the bow was breaking. But will try with ice spell and report back. Hopefully will have time to play over the weekend.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 am

Be a man, Use Bombs!

So much of the game was beaten using bombs, well except those stupid lizardfosi
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 am

noiseredux wrote:Michi, it's the water boss I'm on actually. I'm actually good on how to do it, but just couldn't pull it off when the bow was breaking. But will try with ice spell and report back. Hopefully will have time to play over the weekend.

Ah, my bad. Someone brought up 'shoulders' and I thought you were still outside.

But yeah, if you're having trouble with the bows, you might have to go back outside anyway and do a little bow hunting. Is the one you have brand new, or have you been using it for a while?
Return to Nintendo