Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I was probably a few hits away from beating one of them, but then the Guardian went SSJ or something and beam spammed while all the pillars in the arena were destroyed, so I had like no cover and was one shotted. Fighting Guardian's/Rock enemies seems like a sure way to break your weapons quickly too...

Is there any good reason/reward to expand the Hyrule Compendium?

So in the final phase you can actually just circle around him while he's firing; unlike the Guardians in the overworld he has enough of a delay on firing that if you're constantly circling he'll never hit you. Then when he rests and recharges lay into him.

I'll try that next time, damn is it scary though. I just pulled off a Minor Test of Strength against a lesser Guardian and I guess they all do this? I wasn't sure if they fired multiple at the end... but it sure did, blew up a pillar, then blew up my good shield (16 I think), and hit me but I survived and got it. Still only have 5 hearts and most of my weapons are in the 20-30 range, though just found a good 50 sword I'll use sparingly for now. So for anyone else reading, Minor Test of Strength's seem doable enough early on.

The first Hyrule "memory" was scary to get to with all those huge Guardian's... the range of those lasers is ridiculous, lol. Climbing that tower with two lasers on you was super intense too but I got through it. I guess being close to Hyrule Castle ? Ganon it's obviously going to be a tougher area, just kind of weird it seemed tricky to get to that first memory.

I still have not found Leaf Face or the Lost Woods, so it continues to be frantic with tough enemies breaking my stuff fast and not having much stock. lol
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Xeogred just take the road to kakariko village. You can not miss him. He is enormous.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

You weren't kidding, found him. lol
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Put my 2 hours in today. I got into Eldin and the lands east of that. Cleaned out 8 shrines for +2 hearts (now I have 6) and I cracked the tower for Eldin, and the one east of it which was covered in purple gooey death around that abandoned castle fortress which was a pain to say the least (Eldin was a breeze the way I floated, then climbed in to it.) Also boosted my armor on Zora to now 5(+2 on lv1 upgrade) so it's my best armor by 1 now as the rest is stock.

Tomorrow not sure where I'll try next, may try and pop back and go to the south east or the north west as I know the desert is southwest and I'll die from the heat. I'd like to scout out more shrines, but the ones I picked off I tagged a few spotting them from towers or luck, then finding a couple more on top of ridges going to the knowns.

I hate to say it but I'm feeling like I need to buy a guide on this for the more detailed stuff, or at least find a truly well mapped (pictures) out overworld map with the shrines tagged on it so I can get an idea where to poke around next. I find the challenges within around a 1/3 of them over my limits of tolerance so I look it up before I get angry but the rest are fine.

One of them I found around where that tower(purple goo) was another strength trial (3rd so far.) Pictures online show people having already 6 hearts and struggling. I kicked that things ass on the first try with my 4 heart bar so that felt good. I didn't feel like riding the air up draft for arrows, so I whipped out a couple of bomb arrows and wrecked the thing fast before it could even mount up that mega cannon. Two arrows, ran in, slapped it around like 3 swings and it popped.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So tonight was productive. I figured out how to get into Gerudo Town, leaving Zora Town as the last of the four races to get into. I also spent some time advancing one of the main questlines. Here be spoilers of what I did, though I tried to keep some of the details still vague.

I got the last of the memories, which includes one in the Castle itself. I had to MGS my way in. Then I figured, while I'm here let's see what I can snag before I have to bail and quick travel out. And lo and behold, I walk out with the Hylian Shield, complete with the same special dialog that you get when you trade for a Heart/Stamina container. I did some looking and apparently it CAN break, but not for a very long while and a replacement can be purchased.

After that I decided to see if I could make my way through the Lost Woods this time (I tried before but gave up). After a fortuitous discovery regarding the mechanics I made it to the center. Now I've started doing some trials that the game is implying will let me pull the Master Sword. I'm hoping this is true; I'd really like to use the sword for the four Guardian Beasts.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Zora Town is the only one I have gone to so far. :lol:

Really like that you can tackle them in any order.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Reprise wrote:The gyro ones are easy... You just need steady hands and to make very careful and precise movements.

I did a gyro one yesterday where you had to twist the landmass to make a bridge to pass. It was impossible to do in handheld mode if you wanted chests and the likes because it required you to flip the thing complete upside down and now you can't see the screen. I had go into tabletop mode on the Switch to do that one.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Xeogred just take the road to kakariko village. You can not miss him. He is enormous.

Which road? You can approach from the west or the south. I still need to find the guy too, got about 28 Korok seeds to hand in. I haven't even made it to Kakariko yet :lol:

Speaking of Koroks, what methods have people found for revealing them? I'm wondering if there are some I haven't figured out yet!

I've found them by:

1. Finding sparkly lights on the map and 'catching' them
2. Finding an odd flower and standing on it, then chasing it as it reappears nearby
3. Pushing boulders into holes like a game of mini golf
4. Lifting lonely rocks in odd places
5. Creating a circle of rocks by placing a nearby rock in the gap
6. Melting ice blocks with fire
7. Lifting metallic boulders into holes in big tree trunks
8. Finding toy windmills and shooting targets that appear with my bow
9. Finding a patch of spinning leaves and pressing A
10. Finding a clump of boulders and just pushing them all away

Any other things I should be looking for as I progress?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It's the South road.

There's also some Tetris-like simple puzzles with two sets of blocks and matching them for the Korok's.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Xeogred wrote:It's the South road.

There's also some Tetris-like simple puzzles with two sets of blocks and matching them for the Korok's.

Oh yeah, I found one of those on a mountain where I had to put a magnetic block in place to make a cube.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I got one by stepping on a wooden panel with a Korok symbol on it up the mountains. It made some moving balloons appear and after bursting them all I received the seed (pro-tip: Don't waste arrows on this one. Just use your bombs)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328