Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by noiseredux »

No wait I'm an idiot. I was still outside. And it was way easier with ice than arrows. Thanks for the boss tips. Wish me luck!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

As an update, I cleared that dungeon and got to the boss but he one-hit killed me. So I'm off to grind for more hearts for a while.

Had a moment of brilliance. In the shrine where you need to make an electric circuit and I'm like "damn I wish I had more metal" and it hit me. I DO! I Do have more metal. Lots of it. I dropped a sword and it completed the circuit. Not sure if that was what I was supposed to do or not but it blew me away when it worked. I have my annoyances here - crafting, cold/hot, weapons breaking - but damn. This is the kind of game design right here that impresses me.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The weapon breaking will annoy you much less as the game goes on; better weapons last longer and you'll find yourself pretty consistently full from enemy drops.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

noiseredux wrote:Had a moment of brilliance. In the shrine where you need to make an electric circuit and I'm like "damn I wish I had more metal" and it hit me. I DO! I Do have more metal. Lots of it. I dropped a sword and it completed the circuit. Not sure if that was what I was supposed to do or not but it blew me away when it worked. I have my annoyances here - crafting, cold/hot, weapons breaking - but damn. This is the kind of game design right here that impresses me.

Whoa! I never knew you could do it like that. Thanks for sharing, man; you have no idea how long I spent on that dungeon (well, both my wife and I did actually). That's not actually how you're 'supposed' to solve that puzzle (unless I'm forgetting it or thinking of something else), but it's ingenious that you thought of doing it like that and it actually worked!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I feel like the smartest man alive.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

You should. I had that same problem and didn't have what it wanted or didn't see what it wanted so I went into inventory after being pissed about it for a bit. There were other cases where I couldn't reach what I wanted in that very space, but thankfully I learned the gale already so I was like screw this puzzle and flew over a blocked door/wall instead of figuring it out. This game is like the epitome of out of the box moments in the Zelda universe.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so I only have one tower left - the one surrounded by water and full of enemies that electrocute you. Any tips here?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I tried to wipe out what I could with arrows, and I also tried lobbing some bombs to at least get them to come at you. If you can clear an initial path to the tower you should be home free. But yes, that was definitely the one that gave me the most grief.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:so I only have one tower left - the one surrounded by water and full of enemies that electrocute you. Any tips here?

Make a bridge of cryonis blocks, shoot the electric lizalfos in the horn to stun them. You can have 3 cryonis blocks at a time, so climb one, jump to the next 2, then make 2 more in front of you, jump across, make 2 more...

I seem to remember this being on of the very last ones I activated, so I took a much easier method across. Hopefully the suggestion above works though.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I hated that one probably the worst or top 3 of them. I ended up clearing a side of the waters edge, then going out on leaves i would bait the lizalfos to where I could pound them to death, though as much as possible remotely using explosives (bombs or fiery/bombing arrows.) Also had to take a couple of those dancing wizrobes out as well. Almost got fried by a third, ended up having to go up the tower with it bugging me, then ducking behind the platforms before I'd get roasted much of the way up. I truly hated that one.