Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by Sarge »

Captain Toad is one of my favorite games on the system. Good, good stuff.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I'm excited for that game. Loved the parts of 3D World and was pretty happy for a spin off. Pretty late to the party but that's fine.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

casterofdreams wrote:I'm excited for that game. Loved the parts of 3D World and was pretty happy for a spin off. Pretty late to the party but that's fine.

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Ohh you...:lol:

So I saw someone on some comment section on some website on some coverage of this game and he/she made a comparison of this game to the Witcher 3.

Is that a sound comparison?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

casterofdreams wrote:Ohh you...:lol:

So I saw someone on some comment section on some website on some coverage of this game and he/she made a comparison of this game to the Witcher 3.

On a narrative level, I would frankly be fucking jaw-agape shocked if Breath of the Wild has quality even close to The Witcher. Gameplay-wise though, that seems like it could be a fair comparison.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I saw this gameplay video: https://youtu.be/rI-BGxKYYZo

Man I am excited for sure. This footage is from the Switch however. Regardless I am curious of what the storyline would be like.

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Ohh you...:lol:

On a narrative level, I would frankly be fucking jaw-agape shocked if Breath of the Wild has quality even close to The Witcher. Gameplay-wise though, that seems like it could be a fair comparison.

I'd find it difficult for any game to surpass The Witcher series as a whole narratively let alone a Zelda game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Y'all are tossing around the word "rare" like you're ordering a steak. 8) C'mon guys, It's the Legend of Zelda for goodness sake. Twilight Princess on Gamecube sold 1.32 million copies. The WiiU version of Breath of the Wild will probably sell a million copies. You really think that's "rare"? Don't get too caught up in the hype.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Rare in general? No. Rare in terms of what people are willing to part with? I don't think that's quite so unfair. And even if it's not "rare," it's Zelda; it's going to hold its value, and as the probable less common version, the Wii U version will likely command a higher price down the line.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Rare is a really dumb term to use, but why not just use the Wii as a guidepost for it?

Twilight Princess GC
Twilight Princess Wii

Neither of them are by any means rare. But now I ask you, which one of these costs far more than the other? Top one, because it came out for a dying system as a last bone tossed by Nintendo. Same thing will happen here. Up front it's possible that the WiiU game may outsell the Switch title due to systems on the market, though mind you given so few WiiU sold it may not too (or be close.) But in the long run it will stay on the market and won't see a price drop probably for a good 3 years (Selects line) on Switch.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I'm buying the game because I have a Wii U, I want to play it, and I don't want to buy a Switch...

If it's later a collector's item, then great. If not, no big deal.