Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by Tanooki »

Yeah I probably should. If I were someone who liked to walk a few miles, there's one 3mi away from here so yeah it's close. I just rarely shop there is all and I'm not one who buys many new games, yet that could change with Switch perhaps. I tend to just abuse the Amazon Prime 20% cut but you have to buy within 2wk of release or preorder or the deal is shot.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Tanooki wrote:Yeah I probably should. If I were someone who liked to walk a few miles, there's one 3mi away from here so yeah it's close. I just rarely shop there is all and I'm not one who buys many new games, yet that could change with Switch perhaps. I tend to just abuse the Amazon Prime 20% cut but you have to buy within 2wk of release or preorder or the deal is shot.

I'm a sucker for $10-15 games and since I'm constantly watching for deals I end up buying alot of their clearance and sale stuff. Got Toad Treasure Tracker and Yoshi Wooly World Amiibo bundles for $13 just a few weeks ago.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

Well, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered Breath of the Wild for Wii U. If I ever get a Switch (and I'm sure I will one day...) I'll probably double dip.

I ordered from Gamestop. I don't really like to buy things from Gamestop but a co-worker gave me a gift card for Christmas so I figured I would use it on Zelda.

But I will confess to paying the $10 extra for it to arrive on release day rather than ship out on release day... :shock:
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marlowe221 wrote:Well, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered Breath of the Wild for Wii U. If I ever get a Switch (and I'm sure I will one day...) I'll probably double dip.

I ordered from Gamestop. I don't really like to buy things from Gamestop but a co-worker gave me a gift card for Christmas so I figured I would use it on Zelda.

But I will confess to paying the $10 extra for it to arrive on release day rather than ship out on release day... :shock:

Switch copies won't be hard to find. Wii U copies, on the other hand, I suspect will be rare, as others have speculated as well.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Switch copies won't be hard to find. Wii U copies, on the other hand, I suspect will be rare, as others have speculated as well.

Well, if you're right I might be able to get my money back out of it when I inevitably upgrade to the Switch. 8)
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marlowe221 wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Switch copies won't be hard to find. Wii U copies, on the other hand, I suspect will be rare, as others have speculated as well.

Well, if you're right I might be able to get my money back out of it when I inevitably upgrade to the Switch. 8)

"Upgrade"? What does that mean? I'm familiar with the word "addition," but "upgrade" is a new one for me. :P

marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:"Upgrade"? What does that mean? I'm familiar with the word "addition," but "upgrade" is a new one for me. :P

I am of two minds when it comes to selling the Wii U or not when I finally get a Switch. Honestly, it probably depends on how much of the Wii U library gets ported over (and which games get ported over...).

When it comes to the Wii U, I really liked the games I liked. There just weren't that many that appealed to me for whatever reason.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Bullet-bitten. Wii U game pre-ordered. That was my first time...I feel so...so...confused...
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Bullet-bitten. Wii U game pre-ordered. That was my first time...I feel so...so...confused...

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I jist did the same thing. Pre-ordered that and bought Twilight Princess HD, Captain Toad, and Majora's Mask for the 3DS.

That wraps up all the games I wanted for the Wii U. I'll post my small list of owned games on the Wii U thread and join the conversation their later.