Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
MrPopo

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by MrPopo »

The one I killed ad its weak spot in a really awkward position (on its back), so I wasn't able to do much damage to it with a weapon when I staggered. So what I did was dip into my bomb arrow supply, strafe around it, and nail it there.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Fire and bomb arrows is how I took one down as well. I'm sure there are other methods that work. In general, if you hit it with fire, it'll melt the frost off of at least part of it and serve to stun it a little, or at least let you hit it without getting frozen. Offhand, fire arrows will melt the one segment they hit, where bombs will explode and clear the entire thing (they also do significant damage to the vulnerable part if you can get an angle on it without it being stunned).

After a short while, it'll re-freeze parts of itself, so you're really just making a small window to attack.

I'd go with bomb arrows if you have a supply.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

MrPopo wrote:The one I killed ad its weak spot in a really awkward position (on its back), so I wasn't able to do much damage to it with a weapon when I staggered. So what I did was dip into my bomb arrow supply, strafe around it, and nail it there.

That's definitely the one I'm fighting (or, rather, the one that's killing me). I have a good supply of bomb arrows, which "burn" it so that it can't freeze me as easily. I have been trying to get behind it to hit it with a melee weapon. however, and while I can usually get in a few good hits, it inevitably one shots me after a few attempts. I was hoping I could somehow melt it, but since that may not be possible, I will probably just come back to it (for revenge!) when I have powered up a bit more.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I wouldn't bother trying to melee it, just try to get an angle on it to shoot it in the back with bomb arrows, then again when stunned, etc. With a multi-shot bow it'll probably only take a few rounds of that.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

isiolia wrote:With a multi-shot bow it'll probably only take a few rounds of that.

Brilliant! I have a couple of those I took off my Yiga clan buddies. I may have my revenge sooner rather than later!

Thanks, team!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I just ordered a copy.

Seems like this is a huge and long game, huh?

Maybe I'll play occasionally and chip away at it, which is what I did with Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst last year (75 hours).

Looks rad!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I just ordered a copy.

Nice. It's rad. I am also just chipping away at it. I find that I can make incremental progress with 20-30 minute play sessions, and although Princess Zelda occasionally implores me to hurry, I am taking my sweet time with this game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

cool your jets zelda
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:cool your jets zelda

:lol:

Basically. She's all like, "Hurry, Link! Gannon's power grows!" and I'm all like, "I'd love to help you...but all of these Korok seeds aren't going to find themselves!"
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I just ordered a copy.

Seems like this is a huge and long game, huh?

Maybe I'll play occasionally and chip away at it, which is what I did with Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst last year (75 hours).

Looks rad!

Just pick a goal for every time you play - like next waypoint or 2x shrines. That will mitigate your time you put in in each session