Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
HellHammer
64-bit

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by HellHammer »

Xeo, you got me excited for two things. One, Im gonna steal your idea to play this in Pro mode on the Switch after I beat it on Wii U. Good call!

Second, I haven't really seen anyone speculate about the DLC content that is supposedly coming some time in 'summer'. Considering I already paid for it without giving it a second thought until now, I'm curious what you all think it might be?

I never played past the first Demon's Souls game, how did they handle the DLC of the later Souls games?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That's a bit off topic, but the DLC in the Souls games is generally pretty fantastic. Basically just new areas and bosses. Can't complain! I would even say in Dark Souls 2's case, the DLC areas were some of the finest in the franchise. Bloodborne's was amazing too.

I don't tend to get too hyped over DLC though... chances are, I might just end up with some Ultimate Switch edition of BoTW by the time I get around to it and it will be even more incentive for a replay.

The sky seems to be the limit. They could throw in new shrines anywhere, or maybe even dungeons, or slap a new giant island on the map away from Hyrule. I'll be curious to see what it is. I don't know if it will pull me back in right away since this was a huge time sink, a beautiful one at that, but I'm definitely ready for other games for a long while. haha
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

So nintendo has announced what's in the first dlc pack for BOTW.

https://youtu.be/WkZVLlnPEEU
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

When I first saw a quick summary I was pissed at the Hero's Journey, but then I saw a longer article that mentioned it is retroactive. I doubt I'll pick this up before the second DLC comes out, but when I do I'll be interested to watch my journey.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

So I tried to play my WiiU version last night and it gave me a disc error - saying it was unreadable or invalid.
The disc is spotless, no marks, and I was just playing it last week. I tried some other games and they worked... is it possible for a disc to error like that?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

If the WiiU is as pissy as the Wii was over double density discs, then yes. The only options would be to run a disc lens cleaning kit in your system, or call Nintendo and effectively have them do the same thing with it, perhaps covered by them, since it's their own game causing the problem and only that game.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Tanooki wrote:If the WiiU is as pissy as the Wii was over double density discs, then yes. The only options would be to run a disc lens cleaning kit in your system, or call Nintendo and effectively have them do the same thing with it, perhaps covered by them, since it's their own game causing the problem and only that game.

I realized it was messing up with every double density disc. Bought an official cleaning kit (Japan) from ebay after a regular CD/DVD cleaner failed and everything works now.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

This probably makes more sense to bring it up on another thread but, correct me if I'm wrong here, are all Wii U discs the same? I mean aren't they all the proprietary 25GB disc Nintendo uses for all games ever pressed to a disc for the console?

In either event I'm glad you got the game working for you.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yes and no, just like blu-ray stuff too. You have the single density size, then a double layer that double the size. Those tend to be a lot more finicky to read as it needs to get to the data a bit differently and more precisely I believe which can cause both wear and error.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

My Breath of the Wild game has stalled out - mostly because I really want a Switch and I know I will end up getting this game (and playing it) again.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!