Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by Xeogred »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:This is a Zelda that you can't succeed at if you don't learn the game mechanics. It's not Ocarina of Time; there's no loling your way through this one.

And I love that about it. It's a sense of discovery in every sense of the word, even down to the mechanics of the experience.

I just have to ask this though since it's my biggest pet peeve haha... but where do I go for the Korok bag upgrades or whatever? I have found 12 of them I think.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

He first shows up on the road to Kakariko village. The next two times he shows up on the road between Kakariko and the Lost Woods. After that he'll be in the Lost Woods.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

So far, BoTW has been everything I was hoping it would be. I am really enjoying the game!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play it lately. We have family in town and they are sleeping in the living room on the hide-a-bed. That's where the Wii U is...

Also, I do some writing/editing for a strategy games-oriented website so I have been spending some time playing a couple of games I'm going to be writing about.

Can't wait to get back to Zelda though.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm not sure if you're answering me or not Popo, so I guess I need to be on look out for some NPC...

But naturally as this game is going to be crazy different for us all, I went in some back way into Kakariko village. For me, the mountains have been my roads. :lol:

I don't know if I really want to bother with horses much in this either. Something instantly catches my eye after a few steps and I have to get off.
Last edited by Xeogred on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yes, I was answering your question. Look on the roadside for a giant guy with a leaf on his face.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Xeogred wrote:I don't know if I really want to bother with horses much in this either. Something instantly catches my eye after a few steps and I have to get off.

If you register one (20 rupees) you can whistle for them to come. And they can sit on the map for a long time without moving.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

marlowe221 wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play it lately . . . .Can't wait to get back to Zelda though.

+1

I really can't wait to spend more time with this game, but I was busy throwing a party on Saturday and recovering from it on Sunday. (It was a good party. I briefly hosted 75+ people in my home, and I was more exhausted from the preparation and clean up than the party itself.) I am at work today, and I am also so close to the end of DQVII that I can taste it. With 90+ hours in that game, I am anxious to finish it up before diving headfirst into something else.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I don't know if I really want to bother with horses much in this either. Something instantly catches my eye after a few steps and I have to get off.

If you register one (20 rupees) you can whistle for them to come. And they can sit on the map for a long time without moving.

The problem I've been running into is the whistle doesn't have a long range, and the horse has to be able to travel from its current point to you. There is no magical horse teleportation in this game for the most part, with one crucial exception. If you go to a stable you can have them pull out a registered horse no matter where that horse is in the world. And there are lots of stables (and most have a shrine very close by) so you can teleport to a stable, have them call your horse, and do some long distance travel at speed before it's time to get distracted.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm hating these gyro Wii U gamepad Shrines. What are those like in the Switch version?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Xeogred wrote:I'm hating these gyro Wii U gamepad Shrines. What are those like in the Switch version?

Gyro remote shrines. I cheated on one and never looked back. had to get a ball through a maze... I just flipped the maze complete over and flicked the ball into the goal.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.